Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD

2010 9-3 XWD Passenger window has a mind of its own!

Guys:
    My FIRST hiccup with my baby. Car is a 2010 9-3 XWD. About 2 weeks ago when my wife took me to work, and as I was exiting the car, I went to raise the front passenger window with the auto up comfort close feature button. When the window reached the end of its run, it seemed the anti pinch feature kicked in and the window rolled back down a third of the way. When I went and hit the button again, I got the exact same response, up to it's limit then back down a third of the way. I finally decided to just hit the button to the full down position and when I did it went down with no problem. I then did the same thing of hitting the close feature and this time, the window rolled up as normal and STAYED in the close position. I chalked it up as maybe a confused signal and for roughly two weeks, no problem until today. No amount of going down all the way and back up would work, it just kept going up, reaching it's limit and drop back down a third of the way. My wife was in the passenger seat this time and she was able to fiddle with the switch until she got the window to seat ALNOST all the way up to it's furthest position. So, what is happening here? I swear, a car with NO WARRANTY is a scary thing! Same thing can be said if there are no parts around to fix them! Has anyone else had this issue? ANY help would be much appreciated!!!!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ----John Lennon

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    That sounds like something wrong with the anti-pinch sensor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    A car with no warranty is not too bad. The problem is a car with new car payments and no warranty...

A quick google search for SAAB 9-3 anti pinch replacement shows a number of hits, the best one I found is this one that hints to the fact that all you might need is to disconnect your battery for a while: http://www.fixya.com/cars/t1871911-d...window_stay_up

Good luck!
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD
    Guys, after a little more digging I found that this problem with my car happens occasionally especially after a service. Unfortunately I haven't had a service except the oil change I did in my friends driveway, and I haven't disconnected my battery. It seems that sometimes the window requires a re-calibration or a "reset" of the anti-pinch feature . As luck would have it, the window was working as designed all day yesterday so I didn't do any of the prescribed remedies I found. So as of today, all is good, let's see how long it lasts though. Thanks for the responses I got, I would still like to hear if anyone else has experienced this here and what you did to correct it.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ----John Lennon

Mark Niskanen
    Saab(s)
    '04 9-3 ARC SS, 04 9-5 Aero Combi
    I've had this issue.
    turn ignition off, disconnect the door electrics(slide top up to unplug) & leave for ten seconds, plug it back in and close door, turn ignition on then reset pinch control as in the manual by putting windows up and down 2 or 3 times until you hear the beep

worked perfect.

Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD
    Quote Originally Posted by niskanem View Post
    I've had this issue.
    turn ignition off, disconnect the door electrics(slide top up to unplug) & leave for ten seconds, plug it back in and close door, turn ignition on then reset pinch control as in the manual by putting windows up and down 2 or 3 times until you hear the beep

worked perfect.
    Took the fuse out for both front windows, followed procedures and to date, BOTH windows working as designed!

Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarvis View Post
    Took the fuse out for both front windows, followed procedures and to date, BOTH windows working as designed!
    I know this is an old post but I'm hoping you'll respond. I also have a 2010 9-3 xwd and I'm having similar issues. The driver side front window will roll down 1/3 100% of the time without fail, the passenger front will roll down also but not as often, and rarely the sunroof has the same issue. I have just been holding down the window lock button while rolling up the windows to over ride the pinch protection but this has been annoying me. What fuse(s) need to be pulled to to do the reset procedure niskanem mentioned? Thanks!

Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD
    The fuse is a 7.5 amp. Look in your owners manual for the correct one. Pull out for a few minutes and if you can see if you can find the procedure online you'll hear a chime from the car when you get it right.

Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD
    Thanks, pulled the fuse today, did the up and down twice reset and the pinch protection is no longer malfunctioning. Now to figure out if one of my rear windows is off the track, the motor is bad, or needs a new regulator.. I just falls down from it's own weight.

Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD
    There are plastic rollers in the windows that sound like they have failed. Do a search on you tube from a company called FCP I think they show you how to replace those rollers.