Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    2012 9-5 SC TTiD AWD Aero
    Thumbs Up:   0

I bought a 2012 9-5 Sport Combi TTiD AWD Aero!! Some problematic issues!

First time Saab owner, but I really wanted the new Saab 9-5, and I found a Sport Combi for sale.
    Have read about all the typical problems, and hope to avoid some of them.

Some problems though:
    The remote key works, but the passive-entry function whereby I can lock/unlock the car by touching the door handle does not work.
    The Air Conditioning does not deliver cool air, but I have been told that non of the new 9-5 SC were delivered with coolant, so I guess it is enough to re-fill.
    To turn on the fog lights front and back, I need to press REALLY HARD on the buttons. Should I just replace the whole switch?
    The switch to adjust the light strength of the dashboard does not work. It is just max light all the time.

Otherwise, a great car!

0 Not allowed!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5NG SC
    Hi Hans,

First of all, congrats on your purchase and welcome to the "9-5NG SportCombi Owners Club". What VIN number does your car have and do you have it registered (in Norway?) yet?
    I would guess that the issues you describe should be fixed by the dealer you bought the car from. Seems a combination of mechanical (switches, ACC) and configuration (passive entry) issues.
    In principle something that any authorized Saab repair shop should be able to do as what you're describing isn't unique to the SportCombi.

Maybe also good to know that there is a dedicated Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/Saab952012Sportcombi) and a comprehensive directory Saab 9-5 Sportcombi 2012 | Welcome to the sc directory you may want to check out.

Good luck!
    /Michel

0 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    2012 9-5 SC TTiD AWD Aero
    Did show my Saab 9-5 SC to the Spanish ITV for approval. The car passed the test without any issues. Then I asked to have the car matriculated into the Spanish register, and I paid 135 euro and they took all my German registration papers for the car, and sent it to Madrid for review. Was told to call back after 2 days. When I called back, they said that there were some problems, and they had contacted Saab Spain for clarification. After a week, I was told to come to the ITV station again, and got my money back, because they said that there were some wrong numbers in the document. I was told to call them on Monday again to get the explanation from their boss, but I understand that they contacted Saab Spain which confirmed that there is no CoC for this car, and the Spanish authorities do not accept the German registration papers. Any ideas what to do?? In theory, if the car is road-legal in Germany, it should also be road legal in Spain?? Or is the best solution now to rent a flat in Germany for a year, and register the car in Germany again, as I have German papers?

0 Not allowed!

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Thumbs Up:   13
    Hi, National registration is time dependant. If the car is used in one country for more than six months at one time but is registered elsewhere the registration must be transferred. Insurance cover will also be time limited say 40 days per trip (but no limit to the number of trips!) but must be able to prove the car has returned to home country. This would be easy to prove with a ferry ticket / parking fine or minor endorsement recorded by the police etc (minor would be broken / defective lights).
    EU law would have it that if the vehicle is registered in one member state this would mean that all paperwork is in order and the registration SHOULD merely be a formality.

0 Not allowed!