Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Either the Coast or Mountains of North Carolina
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium FWD

Parts Availability

Would anyone mind sharing their experiences with any parts they ordered for their 9-4X? I would especially like to hear about exterior parts, but any parts will do. Just purchased a 9-4X and want to know what I am up against

Also, if anyone has any suggestions of products to put on the 9-4X to help protected it in snow, that would also be much appreciated.

Saab(s)
    9.4x aero
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathannm View Post
    Would anyone mind sharing their experiences with any parts they ordered for their 9-4X? I would especially like to hear about exterior parts, but any parts will do. Just purchased a 9-4X and want to know what I am up against

Also, if anyone has any suggestions of products to put on the 9-4X to help protected it in snow, that would also be much appreciated.
    just had a full service done on the car including new brakes and disks no problem at all with technical parts its just a caddy ;-) underneath , my horizontal tail gate light bar is getting replaced soon the dealer told me no problem.
    enjoy your beautiful new ride!

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo
    I have't had any body/exterior/glass issues to worry about replacement parts yet. The little mechanical work that I've need done has all been similar/same as the SRX that the Caddy (formerly Saab/Caddy) dealer I go to has had them in stock.

most parts i have needed have been available either immediately, or within 4 weeks or so, but there is one part the front grille piece that sits right inside the headlight assay... been waiting for that bad boy for over a year with no ETA.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    '95 9000 Aero, '98 9000 CSE, '05 9-5, '11 9-4X
    For a while there were no windshields. I had to take one without the rain sensor to get back on the road. Supposedly, they're now available.
    Just purchased a 9-4X and want to know what I am up against
    Hope you bought it right, because what you're up against is steep depreciation, low-to-no resale or trade in value and the probability any small accident will result in it being declared a total loss. See the previous post where a member's wife drove into a puddle and totaled the car.

jack vines

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium FWD
    Thanks for everyone's response thus far!

I was able to snag one (fully loaded... See the pics on my profile) with 28k for $19,000... It was a Hendrick Autogroup Company car, so it was never even registered until I bought it. I knew parts may be a problem, so I did purchase a bumper to bumper warranty for 6 years/72k miles. My view on the accident basis is that if that happens, it happens. It's my stupidity in that case. I do have GAP, so I'm at least covered in that respect. Lets just pray it doesn't. As far as resale goes, I usually drive vehicle for 8-10 years, so resale is going to be crap regardless of the vehicle I buy. The only vehicle I have been pleased with resale price so far is an Envoy Denali I still own.

As far as my purchase, I'm heavily pleased with it. Owned it for a month and a half and have put about 1,500 miles on it through two long trips. The only complaint I have so. Far is keeping the black interior trim clean. It seems basically impossible. I guess I can get over that though.

Saab(s)
    9.4x aero
    congratulations that is an absoluut steel incredible price! just bought mine this year aero at 60 k euro's. so that must give you an even better feeling. enjoy the ride.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium FWD
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgtx View Post
    most parts i have needed have been available either immediately, or within 4 weeks or so, but there is one part the front grille piece that sits right inside the headlight assay... been waiting for that bad boy for over a year with no ETA.
    I contacted Orio/Saab Parts NA about a month back when I asked about a part and I was told that all parts are either available or can be made available within a relatively short time frame (2-8 weeks) EXCEPT for the center front grille. Let me know if you ever have luck getting it (As well as if you have the p/n for it. I am trying to put together a database for easier look-up).

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X Aero, '07 9-3 Aero Conv, had 9-3 Conv (99) 9000 (86)
    I took mine to a dealer several times for maintenance and to replace some parts, never had any issues. Replaced several interior cabin lights (I broke them myself replacing bulbs with led's), dealer had all the parts. Last year replaced windshield with rain censor, only had to wait 2 weeks.
    In general I think all the parts are there, just make sure you contact Saab dealer, not some regular shop.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X Aero, '07 9-3 Aero Conv, had 9-3 Conv (99) 9000 (86)
    I recommend to replace your daytime-running-lights with these bulbs:
    5K WHITE 21 LED PARKING BACK-UP LIGHT BULBS 7440 7443 510LM | 1 PAIR

you will love the real LED look