Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    2005 9-3

Question New Saab owner with a few problems

Hey guys I'm new here and also new to Saab .. I just bought a 2005 9-3 Linear with 155000 miles on it. I really like this car and it rides n drives great but it has a few problems I'd like to get fixed. I thought you guys may be able to point me in the right direction.

First... The Front Parking Lights don't light up when the head lights are on..The turn signals work and the tail lights work..They are supposed to come on right??

Second .. The Drivers Side Door Lock has a mind of its own..Sometimes it works just fine with the remote and others it doesn't..Its hit or miss if it works or not ..Any ideas what I need ta do here or what parts I may need??

Third ... The Heater doesn't work..the fan blows air just great but no heat to brag about .. Any Ideas here??

Also my Fuel Gauge doesn't work but from what I've read here I believe I'm going ta need a Fuel Level Sensor

Thanks for any help you can give guys

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    I’ll give it a try; at least point at steps which could be taken in an attempt to move forward.

First... The Front Parking Lights: If the front parking lights do light up when the light switch is in position I, they are most likely programmed to not be on with the head lights. This is a custom option, programmable with a Tech2.

Second .. The Drivers Side Door Lock has a mind of its own: Does it apply for both lock and unlock? As the lock-/unlock command is transmitted on the bus from the BCM to all door modules, the problem could – theoretically - be the BCM or the Driver Door Module (DDM). However would I say a problem with the wiring harness into-/in the door, connectors here or the motor (with switches) is more plausible. A check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) would possibly point at the culprit. This could apply for the heater issue as well.

Third ... The Heater doesn't work: The cabin temperature adjustment is made by stepping motors connected to dampers which mix warm and cool air, one for the driver – and one for the passenger zone. The current temperature is calculated for the front seat passenger and the driver, using seven input values for this calculation. Have you tried to adjust one zone for maximum temperature and the other for minimum (and vice versa) to note changes?

Saab(s)
    2005 9-3
    Hello 9-3 Aero ...

Thanks for trying ta help me out.

The Front Parking Lights don't work at any setting .. the turn signals work tho..so I'm not sure what's up there...

The Drivers Side Door Lock .. It does the same no matter if it's Lock or Unlock ..Sometimes it'll work just fine and then nothing

The Heater ...I have the manual heat and air control unit in my car...I'm not sure about how to set the temp for driver or passenger

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Hi Enforcer

The Front Parking Lights ...: The fuses (in the engine bay fuse box (UEC)) #16 for RH – and #26 for the LH lights, are ok as they supply other lights as well. The side markers are, in the US configuration, to the best of my knowledge, to be lit together with the front parking lights, is that the case? Voltage is supplied from the parking lights fuses, however at different outputs from the UEC. It sounds very unlikely that both parking light bulbs are gone, to be verified that not.

The Drivers Side Door Lock ...: As before; May be a contact problem with connectors in the door, the wiring harness or (maybe most likely) the motor module. Rather than start replacement of units according the “cut-and-try-method", would thrown DTC(s) point towards the culprit. Intermittent failures are the worst .

The Heater ...: Im sorry for having caused the confusion by assuming you have the ACC. The Manual Climate Control (MCC) doesn’t have diagnostic, thus is it more difficult to “troubleshoot”. The heating part of the MCC (and the ACC) is performed by a motor, air mixing damper which mixes cool air which has passed through the evaporator with warm air which has passed through the evaporator and heat exchanger. It’s not uncommonly seen that corresponding levers loosen, causing lost temperature adjustment. Is the temperature at all controllable? If not adjustable, it could as well be the damper motor with its feedback potensiometer, or the temperature control of the MCC control panel,which is problematic.

I’m sorry for not being in position of giving you more concrete advices.
    Last edited by 9-3 Aero; 11 May 2014 at 14:16. Reason: deleted the quote

Saab(s)
    2005 9-3
    Thanks 9-3 Aero for your help...

The side markers don't light up either but one on the passenger side is missing the bulb and the yellow reflector..I was like that when I bought the car. I just haven't had time to replace it yet..Maybe that's my problem??

The other problems you have given me some ideas as what to do to find what's wrong

Thanks again for your help

Ron Fredey
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 9-5 3.0
    Did you ever find and fix the problem?