Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    2006 SAAB 9 3 Convertible

Saying hello

I am the proud owner of a 2006 SAAB 93 Areo Convertible. It is an automatic, black exterior with gray/black interior. It has only had 2 owners, both in south Florida and has been garaged. Clean in and out but needs a little help with the electronics, nothing new there, lol. I bought it with a few hiccups that I hope I can get some help with here. The top is in great shape but is not responding, hydraulics are fine but the control unit in the trunk needs replaced so that is my first project. I found the control unit on ebay for $179 used and $795 new. I am guessing from the looks of things it is something that I can do myself, ??

The next thing is the Navigation unit, it is a black screen that gets a little light in it from time to time but nothing is responding. The radio works, and the display on top of the dash is working too, CD works. The security system has a kink in it, the door can be locked with the remote but they does not open, nor does the trunk. So I have to use the key to get in and when I do the alarm goes up but turns off with the key in the ignition. So that is what I am dealing, at least for now, I hope.

I am born in Sweden and lived 20 minutes from Trollhattan I have been on high school trips to watch the 99 being built, this is nostalgic for me. My slight OCD is already making plans to make this car into a gem. I will post a few pictures soon.

From my research, I have a feeling I am not the first one with the issues I am dealing with so any input is greatly appreciated.

Thomas

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Welcome to the site. Hopefully you can figure out the issues with the help of someone from the site.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Welcome!

Please start a new seperate thread in the 9-3 Workshop forum for each problem you need help with so it will be easier for others to respond. Good luck!

Saab(s)
    Thank you. Florida is about the get hot so the top is not a rush, lol. Will learn about the engine, clean it up and see about getting a few more horses out of it. Hear a tune is the first step followed by a CAI.

Saab(s)
    Thank you Wulf, will do.