Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 Aero

Unhappy Issues with the ACC......etc

I recently bought a used 2004 9-5 Aero wagon and I have discovered a few quirks and problems. I would greatly appreciate any input/advice from some more experienced SAAB owners out there.

The Automatic Climate Control system blows air that is the same as the outside air temp. Regardless of what temperature I set it at, there is no cooling or heating happening. A mechanic friend suggested it could be low on freon. Any thoughts or suggestions?

My key remote stopped working after several weeks and so I changed the battery. It now works occasionally, but mostly does not work. I've tried synching it by pressing the unlock button 4+ times withing range of the vehicle, still no consistency.

I need a spare key for the vehicle, anyone know the best place to get a blank key? (I know a guy who claims he can cut a blank key for the car)

Lastly, the throttle was acting strange, RPM's going up and down without me pressing the gas. I took it to a mechanic (not a SAAB mechanic) and he charged me $280 to clean the throttle body, which was the cause of the problem. It seemed excessive to me, was I overcharged?

Help on any of these issues would be amazing. Thank you!

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Quote Originally Posted by n.fields View Post
    The Automatic Climate Control system blows air that is the same as the outside air temp. Regardless of what temperature I set it at, there is no cooling or heating happening. A mechanic friend suggested it could be low on freon. Any thoughts or suggestions?

My key remote stopped working after several weeks and so I changed the battery. It now works occasionally, but mostly does not work. I've tried synching it by pressing the unlock button 4+ times withing range of the vehicle, still no consistency.

Help on any of these issues would be amazing. Thank you!
    Awaiting "local" responders to chime in, I can reply to the ACC issue only. Certainly is AC freon fill in question here, however can two actions be taken with regard to the ACC, prior to check for freon and leaks in the AC system.

The ACC is designed with a number of stepping motors which are turning flaps, the latter having known issues pertaining to being misaligned or loosen on the shafts. Two of the flaps are the air-mixing flaps (one each for driver - and passenger sides), which are in control of the temperatures.

Calibration of the system to ensure that the control module turns the flaps to respective end positions: Start the engine and simultaneously press the AUTO and OFF buttons. Calibrations takes approx. 30 secs. Any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) will be displayed instead of the right-hand temperature.

Checking ACC DTC: Simultaneously press the AUTO and OFF buttons; number of code(s) being displayed left and the DTC designator(s) to the right.

With regard to the key FOB: Did the operation stop all of a sudden, or/and did you get this message for a period of time in the SID: "Replace Remote Control Battery"?