Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Shane
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t, 2006 9-3 Aero

ABS, TCS, Brakes and ! light on

Hey all! Need some help! I was backing out of the garage the other day with my 2001 93 and my ABS, TCS, brakes and ! lights came on. I was late and didn't stop to see if there's anything physically wrong. There isn't anything wrong with brake pressure, pedal or braking. However, these lights are still on and stay on. I haven't had to do any brake work, yet. So, no one has tampered with them or messed something up. I know I need to get the error codes, but just wondering if anyone has had this issue?

Thanks for any help!
    When a Saab dies, the world becomes a little less quirky.

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    The ! light in triangle, Central Warning Lamp (not the gearbox one) and brake (fluid) light will be turned on when the ABS lamp is lit. The ABS - and TC/ABS modules are powered by the #2 Maxi Fuse, 50 A, in the engine bay main fuse board, to be checked. If blown, the anti-lock braking system is disabled, which will be noted when pressing the pedal haaard.

Fuses #12, -17 and -19 in the dashboard fuse box are also supply for the modules in question.

Shane
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 9-3 Aero View Post
    The ! light in triangle, Central Warning Lamp (not the gearbox one) and brake (fluid) light will be turned on when the ABS lamp is lit. The ABS - and TC/ABS modules are powered by the #2 Maxi Fuse, 50 A, in the engine bay main fuse board, to be checked. If blown, the anti-lock braking system is disabled, which will be noted when pressing the pedal haaard.

Fuses #12, -17 and -19 in the dashboard fuse box are also supply for the modules in question.
    Thanks, Aero! It is the Central Lamp. The lights are on. So, it's not a fuse issue, at this point. Was looking around online and found it might be the wheel speed sensor. Going to look at the connection to see if it's loose or displaced. If that doesn't check out, then I'm going to unplug it to check if it's dirty. If that's not it, then I'll have to see what else it could be.

Thanks, again!

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Blown fuse #19 would trigger the ABS light (and rear fog light as well). And you're right, when a fault occurs with one of the wheel speed sensors, to which an error code would point. Good luck.

EDIT: It is the TCS - not the TCS OFF lamp which is lit?
    Last edited by 9-3 Aero; 29 May 2014 at 22:07. Reason: a second thought

Shane
    Saab(s)
    UPDATE! Ok... after 3 months, the lights are still on. No, I haven't been driving it. I gave it to my mechanic (my dad) until he could figure it out. He checked the wheel sensors, fuses and most everything else connected to the lights. He believes it's the control box for those systems. He thinks it's a major malfunction within that box and it needs to be replaced. So, this was an abnormal situation, unless someone else has had this happen. Thanks for the insight and advice. I'm passing the vehicle onto someone who can use it and has the time to fix it's issues.

Saab(s)
    900 spg, 9000 cde, 9-5, and currently 9-3
    I had this issue with both a 9-5 and the 9-3. The abs unit goes out. You do not open the brakes so fairly simple job. I sent it out to

Select Country

you pay they send you a box you pack the unit and $65 later the unit is back in less than a week and all issues solved.

the tcs function works, and all abs lights are off. The mchanic will not generally be able to do this.

Select Country

Saab(s)
    01 saab aero
    I sent mine to bba reman and they did mine in a few days 5 dsy turn around..the abs module.. and all my lights went out

Dave
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2001 93 2.0Ltr HOT Aero coupe & 2011 1.9TTiD Aero saloon
    Hi
    Had similar/same problem with my 2001 93 aero Hot. The engine diagnostics chap I took mine to said the best way to describe it is that there is a break down of communication between the ABS/TCR module and the EMS(engine management system). He recommended that I tried to get a replacement ABS/TCR module from a breakers. On the underside of the unit there should be a Bosch sticker, and underneath the bar code is a row of numbers. Using a mirror and torch I managed to get it.
    Also I was told that on the aluminium part of the unit ( on the side with 4 brake pipes) it says TCR, others may only say ABS and would not be compatible. With this information I went to the breakers.
    The chap at the counter took the details and went off down the yard. He finally came back with a part that had the identical numbers on and also TCR on the cast. He told me it was off a 2005 Saab 95 estate. I didn't relish the thought of accessing and opening all the brake pipes etc. He told me all I had to do was remove the electronic unit from the hydraulic unit (6 small torc screws),and carefully fit it onto my hydraulic unit so no need to open up the brake pipes etc. Once I had fitted and plugged it in, all the dash displays returned to normal and every thing was well again. The part from the breakers cost me £40 (approx. $64). For mine to be repaired would be £100 plus vat and postage($160) or a complete new part £250 plus vat and postage($398)
    That was about 5 years ago and all is still well. If you look in the "Tutorials" at the top of this section, you will find a very helpful post titled "TC/ABS unit with control module" from the Wulf himself .
    Have fun
    keep smiling
    cheers for now
    Dave

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave 2 93s View Post
    If you look in the "Tutorials" at the top of this section, you will find a very helpful post titled "TC/ABS unit with control module" from the Wulf himself .
    I can't take credit for that because it is from the WIS. Changed the thread starter to SaabWorld and can be found here: http://saabworld.net/f71/tc-abs-unit...l-module-2487/