Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-3

Post my 2003 Saab 9–3 in limp home mode due to gearbox malfunction not shifting

I previously stated that I had found radiator coolant in the automatic transmission fluid upon removal of the valve body cover. I have now replaced the radiator with a new radiator and have flushed & refilled the ATF I also replaced a bad shift solenoid which was discovered inside the valve body cover. So all solenoids appear to work at least as much as my direct test probing can show. I put it all back together today, and excitedly took the car on the road for test drive only to find that there's still no shifting..it is still stuck in Limp home mode. So can someone please tell me what is the easiest way to get cleared of limp home mode??

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 Aero wagon
    I fear you are out of luck, those trans do not like coolant, and it kills them. did many when at the dealer and before the recall. you can try and clear it , use a Tech2, but most likely you will have speed sensor codes return, that is the death codes, replacing sensors wont fix it.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-3
    Hey oldsaabguy, thanks for the input regarding my 20 0 three 9-3 auto tranny problem. I have an Indy repair shop looking into the problem and they've had the car for a week already so I'll be leery of any useless remedies they may suggest. Thus far they've said they checking wiring from the computer end..as to why the gearbox malfunction indication persists.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 Aero wagon
    What codes are they getting and how good are they? IIRC the p0705 is the bad one, but every ine that had has coolant in it has died, sorry. They repair you made to the valve body has fixed a few but if you got speed sensor faults... not good.