Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T

Buhler........Buhler......

Need some activity on this forum

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    It's been pretty quiet on the rest of the site as well. Perhaps the company-owned commercial Saab forums like SC or Facebook may win after all..

Invite your friends!

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    I don't get it this is the best looking easiest to use forum???

Frank
    Saab(s)
    People go where other people are. And they don't really care if they have to work with 10-year old forum software like SC, pre-historic bulletin board software or the default boring phpBB layout that most 'free' websites use.

The long-term enthusiasts seem to be disappearing from the forums as well. Perhaps we should remove all the tutorials and other extensive documentation we have on SW so people have to ask and answer all recurring questions. Maybe that's the secret. Or just close the place down..

The 9-3 and 9-5 forums are actually doing pretty good but it seems the vintage Saabers are hanging out somewhere else. We tried to be the best Saab forum in the last (almost) 4 years with moderators and members that determine what happens with the site but progress has been very slow. Only the community can make a difference by choosing where they want to hang out.

Worldwide Saab Forums • View topic - Wakey, wakey.

And Saabworld is not a desert.. just the forums for the older Saabs. And there is a difference between posting activity and visitor counts. When you check the post views for all the tutorials and the Google statistics, SaabWorld is doing pretty good. But as mentioned, only the members can make a difference by being an active contributor.

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    I check and contribute to other forums but try to add content to this site since for me its the easiest to upload photos to and overall has the best look.

I also like that its not corporate owned.

Edward G
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    T5.5 84 900T8
    Quote Originally Posted by jskrebs View Post
    I check and contribute to other forums but try to add content to this site since for me its the easiest to upload photos to and overall has the best look.

I also like that its not corporate owned.
    I dont ask a lot of questions these days so I tend t go where people are asking to try help answer.

I love this forum, its great looking and easy to use. It's a shame there isn't more of a c900 community here.

uksaabs (rubbish site I dont even bother there), saabsforum (not that much activity in c900 section either) and saabrally (only a few hardcore c900ers) there isn't very much, the majority of the c900 crowd seems to be at SC.

but even that isn't very active atm ...

Frank
    Saab(s)
    If there are any suggestions for improvement, perhaps new features you would like to see like having a Wiki style set up to make a comprehensive resource for anything 900 where everyone can contribute, let me know. Perhaps a specific Saab 900 or vintage Saab blog? The main purpose of SaabWorld has always been for the benefit of the Saab brand and the Saab owners and the be the best, easiest to use and most helpful Saab site.

Edward G
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    T5.5 84 900T8
    wulf this forum needs a file repository - repair manuals, EPC etc etc etc
    - do u have storage capacity (will storing files n the wbesite cost u much money) or should I just provide links?

it also needs (I see jskrebs has started it) a show us your c900 - to get people to share their cars for inspiration!
    I think it also needs a performance thread, maybe I'll create soemthing - people can contribute to..

Frank
    Saab(s)
    We already have a file repository in the Downloads section of the site. However, it wasn't categorized by model so downloads were probably a bit difficult to find. I added a link to the 900 Downloads section (under sub-forums) in the 900 Workshop forum so it will be easier to find. Currently working on moving the 900 files we have into this section so it will be all in one place.

Storage space is no issue. We encourage to save files on SaabWorld instead of links so content will always be available. Nobody likes broken links and missing content. Any member can upload PDF files, there currently is no file size limit. If there is a need for different file formats besides pdf, let me know and I can add new formats for uploading.

Same is true for posting images in posts, especially for tutorials. Please upload to the site instead of linking to other picture hosting sites.

And for new forum content? well, that's up to the members. I know it is difficult to get a quiet forum going but the more you post, the more attractive it becomes for others to visit and contribute. And of course, invite your friends!

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    Some of the other forums have snappy people. That's rare here!