Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Alex
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1997 900 SE 2.0Turbo (GM)
    Thumbs Up:   0

Winter rains.... And my new pool in the trunk.

So the rain is here, we've had one full day of good rain and I had the Saab parked outside. Un be known to me my trunk is getting absolutely saturated.

The carpet that lines the floor is drenched and if you lift it it drips, I can't see any obvious entry points for the water like worn weather seals, and my car is absolutely rust free (I'd like it to stay that way!!) are there drain tubes somewhere that could be blocked? I must be getting this amount of water from somewhere?

The situation is bad enough I need to put a dehumidifier in the car to attempt to prevent the carpet getting damaged until it can be fixed. ARGH!!!

Happened to anyone else?? Starting to worry me, my poor Saab doesn't get the garage space it used to anymore so it lives out side.

Thanks again everyone.

0 Not allowed!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-3 Viggen
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Got to be your drain lines / holes get plugged. With my 2001 9-3 it pooled in the driver's side (US, left) front and rear foot wells and there was evidence it had happened before on the other side as there was evidence of rust, had to deal with that. Nasty problem if it gets out of control! Find drain holes, blast them and see stuff come out under the car. Sorry - no time to get into it further for you but Google or otherwise search for when to locate the holes (sunroof is one - see corners). Good luck, JB

0 Not allowed!