Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 Aero wagon
    IIRC it should be at least 700 cca, smaller will cause issues with the SS line of Saabs.

Saab(s)
    2006 SAAB 9 3 Convertible X 2
    Thank you OldSaabGuy. I will check in to getting a new battery. Hopefully the incompetent mechanic at Hollywood KIA in florida will own up to his mistake and get me a replacement.

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Quote Originally Posted by acuboost View Post
    I ran in to another proud SAAB owner today, just as myself we are still looking for a reliable mechanic in Ft. Lauderdale area, lol. However he did tell me something of interest with regards to the convertible issue I am having. He told me that once a shop put in the battery that was not kicking out enough juice to run all the electronics properly. Can this be an issue with my car and the top or is this guy blowing smoke up my you know what. The battery the dealer put in after the one on the lot corroded and died is a ACDelco with 48 A 680CCA 140 RC. Is this the right battery for my car?
    The original battery in your car was most likely an Exide - or an GM -, however what matters is the P/N which is 12799752. According to the Electronic Parts Catalogue is the P/N 12799128. Both P/Ns are 70Ah 700CCA batteries. The lenght / width is 280 / 175mm, which is the size for a battery to fit in the battery tray of your car.

Saab(s)
    2006 SAAB 9 3 Convertible X 2
    Here is a picture of the label on the battery the KIA dealer put in. Name:  Battery.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  27.5 KB