Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

All-weather floor mats

I have been looking for some all-weather / rubber floor mats for the 9-4X. I tried some generic Michelin floor mats bought at Walmart but they don't fit quite right and I'll return those. I also searched for Saab accessories for the 9-4X but no luck either.

I checked on the Cadillac forums and it appears the floors of the 9-4X are the same as the SRX. After doing some reading, it seems https://www.weathertech.com makes pretty good floor mats for the SRX so I placed an order for front mats. More pictures to follow as soon as I receive them and see how they fit the 9-4X.

Weathertech
    Anyone Care to Post their WeatherTech Floor Mat Pictures (Espeically Front Row).

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    I was going to suggest Weathertech.

They've been putting multi-page ads in AutoWeek and other car magazines for about the last year pumping up their new US factory in Illinois.

My factory mats are holding up pretty well, but this will be their 5th winter, so I'm thinking of ordering from Weathertech.

Let us know how they fit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    06' 9-5 Sportcombi, 06' Sport Sedan
    no replacement for weathertech. they are the best at what they do.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Every set of Weathertech mats I've ever seen in a car are incredible. They always fit amazing.

I've also heard in rumors that if you let them borrow your car for measurements (for a car they haven't yet), you get a free set of mats. Just a rumor I bet.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo
    The wife wants me to get all weather mats for my 9-4x. She got some at the dealer for her '08 9-3. As you said Saab doesn't have 9-4 accessories yet.

I'll be curious to know how the Weathertech for SRX work out.

Then again, I just had the regular carpet ones in my '05 9-3, and they and the floor's carpet still looked new when I traded it (at 65K miles)

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    The floor mats arrived today so shipping from Illinois was pretty quick. Material is a nice thick rubber and the fit in the 9-4X is excellent. They don't have that strong synthetic/rubber smell you sometimes find with cheap floor mats so that's good. I like that the dead pedal is covered as well because carpet in that are can get pretty grubby. There is a small plastic cover on the carpet in that spot but this floor mat covers much more where your left foot rests.

Name:  Saab 9-4X floor mats weathertech 1.jpg
Views: 2362
Size:  62.5 KB

Name:  Saab 9-4X floor mats weathertech 2.jpg
Views: 2191
Size:  59.3 KB

Name:  Saab 9-4X floor mats weathertech 3.jpg
Views: 1223
Size:  69.3 KB

Name:  Saab 9-4X floor mats weathertech 4.jpg
Views: 1511
Size:  58.5 KB

Here is picture of the other floor mats I bought. They fit OK but doesn't look as good as the Weathertech mats. Those were the best aftermarket generic floor mats I could find as far as fit for the 9-4X goes. Still not bad for $30 for a set of 4 (front and back).

Name:  Saab 9-4X floor mats 2.jpg
Views: 1296
Size:  67.7 KB

The Weathertech mats don't lay completely flat because of this hump. There are holes in the mats you can use to anchor them but I doubt they will be much use. However, because of the good fit in the wheel well, I don't think they will move much at all. It would have been nicer if they would go around that hump like the factory floor mats but it doesn't seem to be an issue.

Name:  Saab 9-4X floor mats 1.jpg
Views: 1360
Size:  50.9 KB

Name:  Saab 9-4X floor mats 3.jpg
Views: 1400
Size:  52.3 KB

When I ordered and selected the 2011 Cadillac SRX on their site, it only gave one option for floor mats. I thought I was going to get something similar as shown in the links to the Cadillac forum. But those are a different kind of liner and only show when you select the 2010 model year.

Those are called FloorLiner DigitalFit and are $100 for the front, almost twice as expensive as their floor mats ($55). As you can see in the picture below, they are molded around that hump in the floor so those will even be a better fit.

Name:  Cadillac SRX FloorLiner DigitalFit.jpg
Views: 1389
Size:  22.1 KB

I think their floor mats are definitely worth the extra cost because of the custom fit for each vehicle. I paid about $90 for a set of 4 Saab 9-5 rubber floor mats and these $55 Weathertech mats ($100 for a set of 4) are a nicer quality. It looks like those floor liners will even have better protection if you enter with snow/slush/salt or mud/sand/water on your shoes very often so I'll have to see how these floor mats will hold up through the winter.

And hey, it is always nice to be able to buy products that are made in the USA, instead of the Michelin floor mats that are made in a sweatshop in China and sold at a mega discounter like Walmart.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Those digital fit ones are nice, but as they get old they begin to not work so well. Slowly the edges start to fold inwards on themselves because people step on them unknowingly. Then they slowly get worse. Personally, I like the thick rubber ones the best (it looks like you've got 'em too!), as long as they are deep enough to hold some me melted snow.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    They look like a great fit and they look good as well.

I'm going to look into a set for the Combi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Jared
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-5 ARC ( and care-taker of a '98 900SE)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    Those digital fit ones are nice, but as they get old they begin to not work so well. Slowly the edges start to fold inwards on themselves because people step on them unknowingly. Then they slowly get worse. Personally, I like the thick rubber ones the best (it looks like you've got 'em too!), as long as they are deep enough to hold some me melted snow.
    Yep, that's true. My neighbor has those in her Versa. They already look pretty bad, and they've only been in there for a year.

I have those same Michelin mats, only in black, in my 9-5. So far I've been impressed. They catch dirt and debris really well, and they form themselves to the curves of the floor pretty well. A great deal for $30.
    I don't drive fast...I fly slow