Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    9000, 9-3 convertible

Introduction...

Hi all!

My name is Arthur Schotgerrits and I'm from The Netherlands but live in Perth, Australia. I've been active on the dutch Saab forum for a couple of years now but since I moved to Ozz, I'd thought it would be a good idea to register on a forum where there are also a few Aussie Saab owners.

I started my Saab adventure with an old 9000 2.3 LPT from 1996... Coming from an old Volvo 940 from 1992 this was a very welcome change! It drove much nicer and the added turbo made it even more fun! I began reading into doing up your car yourself and the first upgrade I did was a new ECU, an APC valve and some rubber hoses... that gave me 230bhp instead of the 170, and most of all the increased torque What a power house!! And all that for €1600,- at the time (that was the amount I bought the car for at that time).

Since then I owned a couple of Saabs... primarily convertibles. As I moved to Australia I bought a very crappy 9-3 convertible from 1999, manual and with a T5 engine... ready for some modding :-) But due to some time restraints I only put on an APC valve and reprogrammed the ECU...

Recently I bought a wrecked 9-3 and began to disassemble it. First time I ever did that but it is quite fun! I swapped the boot (with spoiler) to my running car and now I want to swap out the complete interior (including all the carpeting and side panels) because it is in much better condition.

Still have a TD04-19T sitting patiently on a shelf ready to be put in as well as a 3" down pipe... After that is done, I consider putting in a wide band lambda so I can actually do some proper ECU tuning... All exiting times

So that's it for now!

Cheers,

Arthur

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Goeiedag Arthur, welkom op SaabWorld.

There are quite a few Aussie members here and I think there are even some from Perth. For how long have you lived in Australia? That must be quite a change from the Netherlands. I moved to the US about 20 years ago so been here a while. But still go back the Netherlands quite often. That's probably a bit more difficult and expensive from Australia.

Saab(s)
    9000, 9-3 convertible
    Thanks! I moved to Perth about a year and half ago. It is quite different than Holland for sure😄 But for sure a welcome change. And it's a good climate for Saabing convertible style😉

I hope to 'meet' a couple of Perth people here... Would be nice to talk to fellow enthousiaste.