Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-3 convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by 48builder View Post
    OK, finally found time to try this. Going multimeter + to pin 23 and multi - to pin 38, I get no reading, all zeroes.

From Multi + on 23 and - to piun 37 I did get a negative, 12.something.
    I have just received my 2008 Saab 9-3 convertible seats that I am planning to put in my -56 Chevy and wonder if you have had any luck with this installation ? I would like a copy of the wiring diagrams for these seats if possible.

perg

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3
    Quote Originally Posted by perg View Post
    I have just received my 2008 Saab 9-3 convertible seats that I am planning to put in my -56 Chevy and wonder if you have had any luck with this installation ? I would like a copy of the wiring diagrams for these seats if possible.

perg
    No, I have not had a chance to do anything with this. I've been on the road a lot for work. I'll try to round up the schematics and let you know when I have them

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3
    I'm not sure of the best way to do this, but see if this looks OK and if it does I'll send the text that goes with it. If not I'll put it in my dropbox.
    Name:  SCAN0002.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  36.1 KB

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-3 convertible

schematics

Quote Originally Posted by 48builder View Post
    I'm not sure of the best way to do this, but see if this looks OK and if it does I'll send the text that goes with it. If not I'll put it in my dropbox.
    Name:  SCAN0002.jpg
Size:  36.1 KB
    Thanks that was great could download it as a jpg, yes quite busy myself also, but must see if I can get a chance to look into this seat thing.
    I wonder why they use this 33kbps signal, maybe to inhibit large seat movements when the vehicle is moving...

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-3 convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by perg View Post
    Thanks that was great could download it as a jpg, yes quite busy myself also, but must see if I can get a chance to look into this seat thing.
    I wonder why they use this 33kbps signal, maybe to inhibit large seat movements when the vehicle is moving...
    According to information I found on a finnish web site this is the (I-bus) signal with information to control seat memory position, probably because you should be able to control the mirrors by seat memory position as well.

This guy have decoded the saab I-bus characteristics :

Reverse-Engineering the Saab 9-3 Instrumentation Bus (I-BUS)

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3
    Thanks for the link. With a quick look I have no idea what to do with it, but will spend some more time soon. Here's the text that goes with the schematic

Name:  SCAN0003.jpg
Size:  36.3 KBName:  SCAN0004.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  34.9 KBName:  SCAN0005.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  22.8 KB

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-3 convertible

9-3 seats

Thank you for the text explanations.

Sometimes I write things as I think and the outcome is not always clear for others even though it is clear in my head just that instant moment ;-)

The idea with the link was to show that it is not necessarily so that the I-bus communication has something to do with your problems with the operation of the seat, because it seems that the communication is all about the preset mirror positions, but having said this I must admit I am no saab expert. To generate a clean 30 kpbs signal should not be that hard, but hopefully others on this forum could shed some light on this communication protocol and how it works.

However I believe we have basically the same set of seats, mine are out of a 2008 9-3 convertible and I have the passenger seat available for testing so I can try to see if I can operate the up/down and tilt adjustments with a battery connected to the seat.
    Will try to give it a go this weekend.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-3 convertible
    Found this post on another forum and seems like this guy nails it, you do need I-bus signal with key inserted info to enable the drivers seat.

Saabnet.com: 9-3SS BB Post: Re: Testing electric seats outside of car

Unfortunately the passenger seat is completely different so no point in comparing.
    I will do some testing on both my seats, but the driver seat is less accessible at the moment.