Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 Wagon 2.3T I4 (B235E)

Exclamation Ye Olde Sunroof Clip Issue and Solutions

After 13 months of ownership (2001 9-5 Wagon), I experienced the disappointing "clunk" of a protruding sunroof clip on the driver's side. The sunroof was stuck 2/3 closed and you guessed it, it just started to sprinkle. Life is fun, huh? Luckily, mine was not actually broken but just popped out of its spot a bit, so I popped it back in to make sure it was seated. Going to just tilt for roof air in the near future...

Anyway, in my Saab internet travels I have come across three fixes (I'm sure there are more); one is preventative, the others more of a last resort:

1. Using a Dremel or other such grinding tool, buzz down the TOP of the plastic clip flush with the track so the sunroof does not get hung up on it. This was reported to work for one fellow.
    2. With a broken clip, remove the arm and clip on the offending side and the other arm is enough to push the fairing closed. Something to try before using the nuclear option
    3. With a broken clip, just remove both arms an the metal pop-up sunroof fairing entirely. This includes removal of other springs and things but this has been reported to work as a last resort.

If anyone has a source for these clips, or maybe a 3d printer with some sturdy plastic, it might be a nice thing to make and sell within the community. Saab repair shop wisdom seems to imply that replacing the entire thing is the way to go - but this is obviously expensive. I realize this is old news to Saab vets, but since this is my first experience with this issue, I thought I would share with the group.

Any other solutions or sources would be appreciated.
    Last edited by AT ONE SIR; 20 July 2014 at 01:42. Reason: added intermediate solution
    2001 9-5 Wagon

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Would this, by any chance, be the clip in question: 5184429 Genuine SAAB - Sunroof Clip - Free Shipping

Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 Wagon 2.3T I4 (B235E)
    Quote Originally Posted by 9-3 Aero View Post
    Would this, by any chance, be the clip in question: 5184429 Genuine SAAB - Sunroof Clip - Free Shipping
    Sadly, no.
    2001 9-5 Wagon