Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    saab 93se turbo
    mmmm checked the pin out on the relay j #5 0 volts from the ecu when air con on so looks like the compressor is not doing the job... only just replaced it from

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    saab 93se turbo
    mmmm checked the pin 0ut#5 on the j relay 0volts from the ecu so all that side seems ok looks like its the compressor I changed from simply saab Bristol [it was second hand]
    well back to the drawing board.. got my old noisy one was working maybe get it overhauled

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    saab 93se turbo
    hi,
    checked the above 0 volts at pin#5 ..swopped relays with dip lights works there so relay ok looking more like compressor??

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Good idea swapping the relays

What you could do, to verify credibility of my advised measurement with regard to grounding of the A/C relay, is to note a raise of voltage measured on pin #5 when compressor is supposed to be off, i.e. when soft top is lowered or (in case you have an ACC) turning "ECON" to "ON" or "A/C" "OFF". This to (hopefully) confirm that use of the multimeter does not impose low impedance on the pin #5, thus fouling up the measurement.

Given you note a voltage on the pin, do I agree with you that it looks like compressor, if the system was filled with refrigerant in accordance with procedure, after the compressor replacement.