Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    9-3 1.8i Linear Estate

Reverse light wiring help.

Hi folks, new member and first time Saab owner! I have just bought a 2006 1.8i Linear Estate .

This is probably a bread and butter question for most of you, but a newb like me is struggling!

I purchased a wireless Bluetooth rearview mirror which has a remote wireless feed to a camera which can be rear mounted for parking assistance. The camera is powered from the reverse lights, and switches on when the car is put into reverse and the lights come on.

My Problem is trying to identify the reverse light wiring. Can anyone help? I know there is a panel in the boot section that comes off and there is a ton of wiring in there. I have no idea how to identify the two wires that I need.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Hi.
    Given the wiring diagram (pertains to MY06 9-3 5D = Estate) turns out in a good manner, you should be in position to identify the # 5 pins of the light cluster connectors. If not, shout out.

The left cluster pin #5 wire is BU/WT, and right is BU/GY. Unfortunately is SaabWorld detoriating the A4 .png format. If requirement for an A4 copy, could you PM me your e-mail.
    Name:  Reverse lights wiring MY06 9-3 SC (Estate).jpg
Views: 881
Size:  24.5 KB

Saab(s)
    9-3 1.8i Linear Estate
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    I don't understand the diagram, but I am sure I know someone who will.
    I will admit I was hoping someone would say, "its the 'xx' and 'yy' coloured wires that connect to the 'zz'" and add a pic!

Saab(s)
    'xx'=BU/W, connects 12 volts to left cluster pin # 5 (418RL) and 'yy'=BU/GY, 12 volts to right cluster pin # 5 (418RR), both when reverse is selected! 'zz': the camera to be connected either to 'xx' or 'yy'.

Saab(s)
    9-3 1.8i Linear Estate
    Thanks buddy, your help is much appreciated!

Saab(s)
    Kindly note that a SID bulb filament warning message could be in question here. From the WIS do I not see it on the list of other lights, however is it a message on the internal bus. What you could do, before proceeding with your project, is to pull one of the reversing bulbs, select reverse gear and see if a warning message pops up in the SID.