Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    '01 9-3 2.0t SE

'01 9-3 2.0SE turbo BPV/BOV issues

I recently had the turbo replaced on my 9-3 and am still having some issues.
    When I got the car it had an aftermarket unbranded dumpvalve on it, I removed it as it is not my type of thing and refitted the original Bosch item. I swapped back over to the dumpvalve to see if there was any difference in improvement and found the car lacked boost, especially from 3rd gear upwards. I then swapped back over to the Bosch original and the power is (mostly) back. Yesterday while accelerating quite hard on the motorway My CEL came up, I pulled a P1110 code being charge air issues, after some googling it seems related to the BPV.
    So, rather than buy a new BPV I was thinking maybe the dumpvalve could be properly regulated (it has a large regulator) but I have no idea whatsoever as to hhow to do this, is there a guide somewhere or a simple way of setting it?
    Alternatively I have found a modification posted years ago which advises putting a bolt in a one way valve, the picture is on a 9-5 and on my 9-3 the part with the 3 hoses looks different, which one should I plug?
    It also makes a very low pitched vibrating sound when accelerating hard from around 3000rpm, but only with the Bosch BPV..

Any help or advice would be much appreciated as I really love this car and don't want to give up on it!

This is the dumpvalve:
    Stealth Dual Port Dump Valve BOV for Saab 93 9-3 95 9-5 900 9000 Vector Turbo | eBay
    And the previous owner said it had been remapped, but didn't seem to know much about the remap.

Thanks

Geoffrey Storey
    Saab(s)
    2000 9-3 viggen convertible

'01 9-3 2.0SE turbo BPV/BOV issues

If your engine management is T7 (trionic 7) they don't like them type of valves and can throw a fault.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407927206.023976.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  48.6 KB
    Last edited by geoff 9-3; 13 August 2014 at 14:17.

Saab(s)
    '01 9-3 2.0t SE
    Surely this can't be the case, Saab wouldn't spec a part that conflicts the engine management would they?