Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Owner
    Saab(s)
    2006 Saab 9-3 Aero

Shaking/Jerking When Accelerating

Whenever I am cruising in the 1500-2000 rpm range at about 50-60 mph and go to gradually accelerate the car jerks, almost sputtering-like until I release and resume on the accelerator. This occurs in fully automatic mode and also in the manual "M" mode (Generally 5th Gear). I also experienced this problem in a acceleration sprint @ 90 mph. It wasn't as violent, it just felt like something was slipping. The transmission seems to be shifting fine through all stages during acceleration and deceleration on both automatic and "M" otherwise. If I put the pedal to the metal, the jerking/sputtering does not happen. Any thoughts or diagnostics? The CEL is not on so I have no code to go by. I don't know where to go from here. My nearest Saab Professional is unavailable until Monday. Just wondering what to expect diagnostically and cost wise. Thanks in advance for any advice.

2006 9-3 Aero, Automatic.
    ~93k miles

-Cody-
    Last edited by cfrierson11; 11 August 2014 at 23:48.

Plugs and ignition coils
    Using Tapatalk

Saab(s)
    2005 Saab 9-3 Aero
    With 93k miles on it, it's definitely the spark plugs. I changed mines around that.
    Last edited by harrissonsaab; 17 August 2014 at 19:07.

Saab Owner
    Saab(s)
    2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
    I appreciate the help. I pretty much narrowed it down to the spark plugs myself. Hoping to get some new ones in this week. Thanks again!

Saab(s)
    01 saab aero
    I changed my plugs sorta felt what your talking about. Mine seems to be intermitent. Cel came on a few times and poited by code to the dic..but old plugs looked fine but light out now and still get that surging feeling at times let me know what you find out thanks

Saab Owner
    Saab(s)
    2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
    Well it has been almost a week since I've had the plugs changed, and I must say she is running great. No more jerking, idling well, and much more responsive when I want to accelerate. Thanks for any help and I hope this post has help others.

Saab(s)
    01 saab aero
    hope everything runs well

Saab(s)
    2005 Saab 9-2x
    The issue mainly occurs with the ignition coils and plugs. Pay attention on both and replace them asap.