Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

rear rotor wont come off!???

So what i thought would be a 20 min job turns out im fighting it...got the caliper off...the brakes...rotor exposed I remove thatstar screw on the rotor face now It feels like its stuck like its getting hung up and wont wiggle off ..im trying to finish this as we speak...any advice or pictures would be great right about now...I read about a handbrake spring/ screw...not seeing any...anyone be a bit more detailed please ..thanks

Desmond Khoo
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-5 2.0t
    I read on saabsunited you need to remove the handbrake wire. Haven't done it myself so i can't comment.

Getting significant brake performance in a 9-5, Part 2 | SAABSUNITED

[FONT=Arial]"Tearing down the rear brakes isn’t that hard but once you’ve done that, and if you’ve got a number of km’s on the car, you might as well replace the handbrake assembly as well while you’re doing it. Make sure that you also unhook the handbrake from the wire before trying to remove the disk, otherwise the disk can be very hard to remove."

[/FONT]

Ive read that as well.. dont really see any wires ..wish I had a detail picture..and another one I was reading said to just remove the star screw on the front that holds it on and it should come off with some knocks with a hammer as needed

Saab Enthusiast CaptainMediocre's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2007 Saab 95 2.3T Sedan
    Make sure your parking brake is off for one thing. My rears came off without any fight on my Saab, on other cars I have worked on in the past I had to spray wd-40 behind them generously and pound with a hammer until they finally broke loose.

With the set screw out and the hand brake off the only thing holding them on is going to be corrosion.

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    The shoes wear a cup into the drumb and as the parking break is adjusted it gets to a piont that when the break is off it is still inside the cup... Like this; -J
    So you need to back the tension off of the parking break cable. This is done inside the car. Pull out the change holder and the window controller and you will see the adjuster nut on the end of the cable.
    It may be accessed through the storage space there too...?
    Good luck.
    finding41
    Marty Jackson
    www.northchannelcharters.com

Thats exactly what i was looking for to loosen up the handbrake... so i lift up the center console and the nut will be there? Anyone got a picture on where it is exactly....I lifted up the handbrake boot and all and saw nothing