Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-3 linear

o2 sensors

HI guys I recently just replaced my DIC to pass emissions.. With that my car feels to idle and drive much more smoothly. when checking to make sure everything was running correctly, I notice when idling the o2 sensors read and stay around .05 % when I am driving the numbers change and the o2s 2 is almost always lower than o2s1 but not by much. The most I noticed s1 get up to is .750 and s2 .595 with live data not sure if this is good or not. And some of the times s1 was around .095 and s2 was around.545 not sure if there is a delay between the two and that should happen seeing as the s2 is after, or if it is really messed up. Any help would be great as I do not want to fail emissions again. Thank you for your time!

Saab Enthusiast CaptainMediocre's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2007 Saab 95 2.3T Sedan
    Nothing about this seems off to me. The last data log I have shows my 02 sensors as low as 0.12 at idle and as high as 0.955 at wide open throttle.

Quoting a web page here

"An oxygen sensor will typically generate up to about 0.9 volts when the fuel mixture is rich and there is little unburned oxygen in the exhaust. When the mixture is lean, the sensor's output voltage will drop down to about 0.1 volts. When the air/fuel mixture is balanced or at the equilibrium point of about 14.7 to 1, the sensor will read around 0.45 volts."

from What the Home Mechanic Needs to Know about O2 Sensors

So it doesn't look to me like you are that far off of the ideal mixture at cruising speed, Now I am no expert by any means but your emissions should be good.