Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    1985 saab 900t16

saab 900 injectors stuck open.

Hi all I recently purchased a 1985 saab 900 turbo 16v, when I brought the car it ran fine and iv'e covered over a 1000 miles in it in less than a month without any issues until now! I recently tried to overtake a car but as i passed the car the saab died from flooding due to the injectors being stuck wide open! I replaced the FPR, hall sensor,apc plugs and leads before i chose to try another ecu. I tried another ecu which code was 0280 000 587 the ecu worked for a short while but ran really lumpy, missing and over fuelling before it blew again i opened up the ecu to find it was corroded inside. So i then brought another ecu which code is 0280 000 569 the car ran a few times really rough again missing and over fuelling before blowing again! now i really need help getting to the bottom of what,s going wrong! the original ecu code is 0280 000 530 and there all bosh units that have been tried! any help would be hugely appreciated

Paul A
    Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    T16 '93 Ruby - T16 '94 Vert Ruby
    How do you know your injectors are stuck open? It's extremely rare. Sounds like a failed FPR diaphragm to me. Remove the hose to the FPR from the intake a look for signs of fuel on the hose. Try it with ignition on or running. Should be dry.

Saab(s)
    1985 saab 900t16
    I pulled the injectors out of the head and cranked the car over and there all wide open! Since I wrote the post ive replaced the loom ecu and fpr it works for a few days then blows the ecu again! As soon as I plug in a new ecu it will run!