Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Ivan
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 Aero Sedan (R.I.P.), 2006 9-5 2.3T Sport, 2008 9-3 Aero SC

Cruise Control Not Working

I've noticed that my cruise control doesn't work. I don't quite know how long it's been like that as I don't use it much (but of course it had to happen before a 2000 Km roundtrip. The CRUISE dash light comes on, but it won't set the speed. No SID message.

I've checked the fuses and they're all fine. Brake pedal doesn't appear to be depressed. Any thoughts?

Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 3.0t
    This Happened to my car shortly after I bought it. it's most likely tripped into "Limp Home Mode" I'm not sure what engine you have so you ned to look for yourself on here how to check for that.

Ivan
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 Aero Sedan (R.I.P.), 2006 9-5 2.3T Sport, 2008 9-3 Aero SC
    Wouldn't limp home mode limit my top speed and force me to shift manually (up to 3rd gear)?

Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 3.0t
    I have the 3.0t. My car ran normally except it would lurch under heavy throttle and the cruise control would not engage. There is a plastic gear on the throttle body that isn't supposed to move when you move the throttle. If it does then it's in limp home mode. It's the only thing with teeth on the throttle body. Start your car and play with the throttle under the hood. See if this gear is moving. You can't miss it if it does.

Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 3.0t

Here's how to reset the throttle body. It was the same on my motor. Try it and see if this is what's going on.