Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3 Arc
    Thumbs Up:   0

Leaking Coolant fluid

My 2003 SAAB 9-3 is leaking coolant at a regular rate, I have to refill the reservoir every 2-3 days. A puddle will form under the engine overnight. A mechanic said it was the water pump, I'm not really sure and I'd like to repair it myself. I don't see any leaks around the reservoir or radiator. Any ideas you may have or help would be appreciated. Is this a doable DIY job? Does anybody have an illustration or manual to remove and replace a water pump?

Thank you,

mmc

0 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    2005 Saab 9-2x
    I would suggest you to go the authorize mechanic or dealer and deal with the issue of coolant leaking. You have checked that there is no apparent leakage around the reservoir or radiator. Its best to take advice from the expert.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc View Post
    My 2003 SAAB 9-3 is leaking coolant at a regular rate, I have to refill the reservoir every 2-3 days. A puddle will form under the engine overnight. A mechanic said it was the water pump, I'm not really sure and I'd like to repair it myself. I don't see any leaks around the reservoir or radiator. Any ideas you may have or help would be appreciated. Is this a doable DIY job? Does anybody have an illustration or manual to remove and replace a water pump?

Thank you,

mmc

0 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    01 Saab 9-5
    I had this same issue before. I replaced a small sensor on the left side of a battery. That fitted the problem

0 Not allowed!