Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    93 Convertible

Thumbs up I just bought this Saab and I have some questions about it

Hey all !
    This is my first car and its Saab 93 convertible 2002
    My questions are
    1- I didn't notice a wipers in the rear windshield so when its rain how can I wipe the rain and see the back of the car clearly ?
    2- the car has two codes check engine and the codes are [FONT=verdana]P1312 and 1334 ,what is these codes ?[/FONT]
    2 - How can I turn on the light wipers ?

I really like the car and I hope that you can give me answers to solve these
    Thanks

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    1. Using mirrors?
    2. P1312: "Combustion Detection Cyl. 1+2". P1334: "Combustion Detection Cyl. 3+4". This points towards the DIC, however could as well be thrown by bad or wrong spark plugs. The Saabs are very picky with regard to type of plugs, which are to be selected in accordance with engine in question. In case you don't know the full history of your Saab, is maybe the plugs the first place to start, prior to the DIC.
    3. Headlamp wipers are supposed to make two sweeps when the windscreen washers are activated. If not working, is fuse #10 in the engine compartment to be checked, or the G1 relay.

Roger Cook
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-5 Aero, 2006 9-3SC 2.0T, 2000 Viggen 'vert, SAAB Quantum, 2000 9-5 retired at 318K miles
    Buy a set of the proper NGK brand spark plugs. Don't use any other brand, and save your money buy the copper plugs. Gap these plugs properly, disconnect your battery for 15 minutes (unless you have a code reader with a "Clear" button), then reconnect the battery and keep your fingers crossed. You may have solved your problem for under $10.

If not, buy a new Ignition Discharge Module (IDM) formerly called the Direct Ignition Cassette or DIC. Only buy one made by SEM and only buy new. The SEM manufactured ones are now being sold by CARQUEST, Advance Auto, and AutoZone in addition to being the Saab original part. Cost of one of these with a web discount coupon will be close to $250 or maybe a bit more.

Enjoy your new car! I haven't been able to drive my 'vert for three weeks because of a bad oil leak that I 'think' was finally resolved successfully this morning by replacing the oil cooler O-rings. Over $6 each for O-rings too small to slide onto my pinky finger! Only fitting that these are gold colored.