Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

2002 aero wagon auto rear light failure help

Ok guys just got a 02 9-5 aero wagon automatic and car was running fine I decided to change the license plate bulbs to hyper white and reverse light to hyper white and rear dome to hyper white I first did the rear dome and rear license light first than turned on car , system checked out fine so now I changed the reverse lights and bam rear failure light came on now, both hyper lights worked but light under reverse light I believe is a fog light did not turn on both left fog and right fog was on before I put the hyper white in now only left side is on, I switched fog light bulbs and same issue so I decided to take out hyper whites and now only left side fog light works and rear light error still on at start up, I noticed on some start ups both rear fogs work for a little than on next start up failure light come back up, does anybody have a idea what's up with my rear tailights

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Assuming you're working on the tailgate light clusters, does the factory configuration include rear fog light on left side only (LH driven cars). Thus would there be fog light bulb installed below the left hand side reverse light, to the right side of that row. To the left of fog light (on this row) is a bulb for parking light supposed to be installed, as would be the case to the right of the empty fog light holder in the right-hand tailgate cluster.

To be in position of giving a qualified answer would a clarification of the configuration in question be welcomed.

Yes before I installed back up lights both rear fog bulbs were on now only left side is on after I installed led reverse lights I decided to put stock bulbs back in and right side still not on some start ups I don't get error and both lights are on but while driving rear failure comes on and right side shuts off, all this for some led bulbs I can not stand that error message

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Given the SID message is "REAR LIGHT FAILURE", as written in your first post and now, and not "FOG LIGHT FAILURE", is the failing light the parking (or rear -) light and not the fog light. Ensure that the fog light switch is turned off (or on) to verify this.

If the failing light in question is the parking light, could the problem be a contact problem at the socket or the bulb itself. Swap the bulbs right / left and note outcome. If problem persist, check the holder for corrosion and verify that the contact at bottom is not bent backwards. Measure voltage at the socket and apply some electro lube to it.

Ok I will try this in the morning thank you, I tried switching bulbs and still won't turn on so I doubt it was the bulb it's gotta be the right side contact

2002 aero wagon auto rear light failure help

And by me saying rear right fog light I mean the bulb under the reverse light in the little cabin you need to open to get to, it was working fine until i changed the reverse lights to led now it turns on when it wants, put stock reverse lights back and right rear still out