Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 SE Wagon

washer arm removal

Does anyone know the procedure for removing/replacing the front windshield wiper arm on the 2001 9-5 wagon? I tried by removing the locking nut and used a wiper arm puller to try to release it, but it didn't budge. ???Some secret way to remove it??? Thanks in advance for any input!

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Given you use a tool similar to this

Name:  85 80 144 Windscreen wiper arm puller.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  18.8 KB
    do I believe it just a matter of galvanic corrosion between the arm and the conical spindle. No secret ways in the WIS procedure pertaining to the removal. Maybe use of some WD-40 before next attempt will do the trick?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 SE Wagon
    That's the tool, 9-3 Aero. Thanks for the reply, I'll soak it as suggested, I didn't want to put too much pressure on it in the event I was making a mistake. Thanks again!

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    You can get it off with the wiper arm tool. Bring the locking nut up and slightly past the shaft so the shaft on your puller will fit inside the bolt then turn the knob on the wiper arm puller till you think it will break, then do it some more. It will pop up. Use some leather gloves to get a grip on the knob and just keep turning.

Keith Exum
    Saab(s)
    1997 900 SE Turbo
    When I bought my 900 SE I wanted to clean and replace the filter and found corrosion. What I did was removed hardware and used Kroil or any kind of penetrating oil and let set for a little while. Then I gently moved arm back and forth and they loosened up and came off. When I put them back on I clean real good and place a touch of anti seize on the shafts.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1997 900SE, 2003 9-5 Linear
    Had similar issues trying to remove the wiper arms from 2003 95 - need to get to back of ECU. Tried several different types of pullers, soaking overnight, plastic mallet, etc. Finally went to a windshield place ready to pay someone - they advised heat. I have a commercial style heat gun so carefully heated the arm so as not to damage plastic underneath, with the puller in place and a gloved hand began to wiggle the arm up and down - pop, and it came off. Removed both in about 20 minutes - after much struggling.