Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-3 1.9tid vector and Saab 9-3 tid

Auto gearbox problem

Looking for some fault codes for my 9.3 auto gearbox, will drive ok but will not go over 2nd gear in auto or manual ! Anyone have any ideas please

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Not going over 2nd gear could have been the gearbox in the Limp Home mode, however as you report no warning given, do I believe readout of any thrown fault codes is the way ahead. Can be done by somebody you know of with a code reader, or a garage. The culprit can be of electric - or as well mechanical character.

I assume it has been serviced in accordance with the programme, with correct type of oil. What MY and how many miles?

Saab(s)
    Hi parked up next day did change but hung onto gears to long, parked up and now not working, just gearbox fault on display screen saying limited service. When you start up hot or cold it jerks as it selects first or reverse, but to drive it's faultless upto trying to go to 3rd. Will not even try 3rd in auto or semi auto mode. Going to do a flush but not sure if that's a good idea. Only just purchased car.

Saab(s)
    Hi sorry 104000 miles. Just purchased Delphi code reading laptop with correct lead so hope to have that code info soon

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Then, hopefully, was the oil changed at 66.000 miles - and correct type refilled. What's the model year (MY) of the 9-3, and I assume it's a 6-speed trans?

Saab(s)
    Hi not sure on oil as only just got it, it's a 2006 1.9tid vector. Semi automatic . I gave just ordered 8 lots of Saab spec gearbox oil, not sure of best way to drain and refil really? Would that stop it from changing upto 3rd or even trying to change? I see on screen it says limited operation of gearbox,