Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    93 CV Aero V6

Readout of ABS/TCS module via Tech2 ?

Hallo,
    I have some break issues and suspect a mechanic screwed up programming of the car when enabling the comfort close function on my 2009 V6 Aero CV.
    Car works fine but brake pedal feels strange (soft, need to press harder to maintain break action) exactly since the day the programming was done.
    I obtained a TECH2 and got TIS2000 and GlobalTIS working.
    I can readout most of the car but regarding the TCS/ESP+ module I see some anomaly needing your help:
    1.) When I just read out the version of the module it displays:
    System Name: TSA 430 NG
    VIN: ****** (yes really 6 stars, does not display the VIN - does this mean it is not "married"?)
    Base Model Part Number (HW+Boot): 0
    End Model Part Number (HW+SW): 12773674 BW
    Software Module Identifier #1: 12773680 CJ
    #2, #3, #4: ******
    DDI: 27397 (0x6B05)
    Programming Date: ******
    Tester Serial
    Configuration Version: 12808043
    Serial Number: 6132833

2.) When I try to do Diagnostic - F2 Chassis - ABS,TCS,ESP - F0 Read Values I receive a blank screen, when moving with the arrow keys up or down I can cycle between 4 empty lines, upon hitting exit key I receive a message "No communication with selected ECU".

This was seen with two different PCMCIA flash cards / Tech2 Saab software.

I have tried to add that module twice already, everything goes smoothly, it asks me some configuration data (engine type, brake type, trim type and more) and let me add it.

When trying to do SPS programming the module never shows up so I am unable to program it...

Any help much appreciated by a beginner....
    Maybe someone can try the readout the ABS/TCS module on his car and let me know if it works fine...
    I have obtained Security 1 access.

Werner

Vienna, Austria

Dave
    dward@asncommunications.c Legion's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    1989 SPG, 2003 93 Vector
    Hi Werner, Are you still looking for help with this?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    93 CV Aero V6
    Yes, still looking for feedback on this...
    Appreciate somebody can try readout and let me know if it works....
    Thanks Werner

Dave
    Saab(s)
    1989 SPG, 2003 93 Vector
    My car is quite different, 2003 Vector, but I'll attach what my T2 reads for ABS,TCS,ESP diagnostics. You will notice by the wonky display this is a China clone Tech2, but it does work for this. I can see the brake pedal pressure and other sensors changing.

Name:  20141230_171855.jpg
Views: 1457
Size:  25.2 KBName:  20141230_171458.jpg
Views: 1528
Size:  28.7 KBName:  20141230_171554.jpg
Views: 1448
Size:  26.7 KBName:  20141230_171838.jpg
Views: 1440
Size:  21.7 KB

As for programming, I tried to add/recalibrate/program a rain sensor (REC?) a ways back using TIS. It looked like everything was communicating and like the programming was going to work, but would fail in the end with some generic error code that made by think I had the wrong s/w revs. Although the prevailing wisdom here is its some problem the China clones.
    /dmw

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    93 CV Aero V6
    Thanks a lot for your help. I likely will check again at a dealer with a genuine T2 but maybe my ABS module is bad...
    kind regards Werner

Dave
    Saab(s)
    1989 SPG, 2003 93 Vector
    Ok good luck. ABS - not a good thing to be uncertain about. Although having said that, my car throws "steering lock malfunction" sometimes WHILE I'M DRIVING IT !!
    PS - let me know if you ever have any success with Tech2 module programming SPS.
    /dmw

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    93 CV Aero V6

some progress....

Hallo,
    I tried a number of things but I always failed to read out anything.
    The module was sent to a specialized repair shop in Austria but they said there is a "processor fault" that cannot be fixed.
    I tested the ABS function and it appears that ABS was working perfectly fine, the module was shown as present so it must have some communication functionality but no luck in reading out values.
    Finally a local SAAB mechanic ordered a new ABS electronic module and put it in, he said he did not have to do any Tech2 programming.
    I tried with TECH2 and could see the module and read it out...great.
    What leaves some doubt is that when adding the module through TECH2 (following WIS advice) it only works selecting ABS/ESP, if selected ESP+ (which my car should be fitted) it fails to add....
    What leaves a second doubt is that if I choose programming in TECH2 all modules installed in the car list but the ABS/ESP module is not visible so cannot be reprogrammed (if needed)...Can anybody try if you could choose the ABS/ESP module for programming (step 1 when you choose module with TECH2 before connecting to TIS)?

This is the information on the new module:
    System Name: ESP 430 NG (OLD: TSA430NG)
    VIN: ****** (yes really 6 stars, does not display the VIN - does this mean it is not "married"?)
    Base Model Part Number (HW+Boot): 0
    End Model Part Number (HW+SW): 12843576 BU (OLD: 12773674 BW)
    Software Module Identifier #1: 12843580 CL (OLD: 12773680 CJ)
    #2, #3, #4: ******
    DDI: 27141 (0x6A05) (OLD: 27397 (0x6B05))
    Programming Date: ******
    Tester Serial
    Configuration Version: 12808044 (OLD: 12808043)
    Serial Number: 6512938 (OLD obviously different)

Is there any SAAB genius out there who can make some sense from the differences?

My original brake problem stayed same:
    The brake pedal feels soft, it always brakes with proper force but the pedal feels soft and must be pushed harder to maintain same brake force.
    Most parts of the brake system have been replaced (booster, main cylinder, vacuum lines and valve, pump) but still no luck...
    The pump had been taken from another V6 93 - maybe it was bad as well. May give it a try with an new one...

kind regards

Werner
    Last edited by oe1wrs; 19 August 2015 at 22:29. Reason: typos...

Patrick Hunt
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1999 conv 2006 sportcombi
    Werber: It is "brake", not "break".

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    93 CV Aero V6
    Sorry for typos, I have edited now...still looking for answers...maybe someone can try with Tech2 to see if the ESP module is listed as available for programming....
    Would be interested if there is a difference between ESP and ESP+ as far as control unit is concerned...