Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5

Do Codes 1312 and 1334 demand DIC replacement?

HI,

My check engine light came on and then went off and then came on again a few days later and then off again. I bought a OBD scanner and recieved the 1312 and 1334 codes that I learned mean there is a misfire. It appears that both of these happened right at start-up, the CEL did not come on while driving but stayed on after car was started.

Can these codes just mean misfire OR should I start shopping for a new DIC now? I probably already know the answer is to buy one and keep it handy.

2007 9-5 94k miles.

Thanks.

Kirk

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Time to buy a new DIC and replace. I wouldn't wait with replacing it until this one fails, even when you have a new one ready.

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    I had similar codes come up on my 1999 9-3. I replaced the DIC and keep the old one in the trunk. That way, the old one can get me home in case of a failure but the chance of failure is low due to the replacement DIC is being used.

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    Make sure to get an OEM unit. Car Quest has them for 300. More money but the aftermarket ones are not reliable

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5
    I am notoriously cheap so I just bought a used OEM DIC off of ebay from an 2008 for 120 bucks. I am thinking I will install this one and keep current one as spare since it works most of the time. That way I will know if the used one I bought is good and have a usable one in emergency as a spare.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    I could have sold you a good used one for less
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5
    And you are right down the road too.........oh well, when this one fails I'll keep this in mind!

Kenny
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2005 SAAB 9-5 Aero MT
    Replace DIC, Spark plugs -

EEuroparts sell a Aftermarket and OEM Saab - the Aftermarket is really good grade - But go with OEM -

www.EEUROPARTS.com
    SAAB
    Keep Calm my friends
    and Apply BOOST

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5
    Here is an update and some possibly crazy thoughts.

I have recieved my used DIC purchased through Ebay and it is now in my trunk. I was planning on installing it right away but haven't gotten around to it.

Then I got to thinking, and I am sure my thinking is wrong but what the heck.

My Honda VFR motorcylce used to have issues fouling plugs and difficulty starting when I ran it with preimium fuel (91 or higher). It would take multiple cranks to start and was just difficult. So I switched to 87 octane and pow. Fired up instantly and never had a stariting issue again.

Well, I have been running 93 octane all the time in the 9-5 and would get the CEL and 1312, 1334 codes about every 5 to 6 starts.

I have since cut back to 91 octane and have not had a CEL since in about 20 starts.

So is it the 91 octane being easier to ignite so no misfires occur at start up or the fact that I have a spare in the trunk working like a placebo?

Time will tell.

Saab(s)
    01 saab aero
    I find this is so true about the octane been running 93 in mine and no more codes. It seems to have taken a few fill ups but it is running as it should. Now I did the same getting another DIC and damn if I did'nt get the codes..so after making sure of what plugs to use Im using the original DIC keeping the new one in the trunk. Here it wa octane and plugs all along.