Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Air Conditioning /Heater Fan

The other day the fan seems to not be able to operate at full speed. Did the recalibration, and no errors or codes.
    I noticed this when I ran the temperature setting all the way to the lowest temp. On my car it always makes the fan run faster. I still have adjustable fan speeds just not the extra fast setting like before.

Thanks

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    I think we need car - and model year to be in position of possibly give you advices, if so needed.

2005 9-5 Arc Saab

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Fan speed control involves three modules, and as well by coolant - and outside temperatures (in auto mode). The Control Panel outputs a (fan speed) control voltage, 0 - 5V (maximum fan speed), to the fan Control Module, supplying power to the Fan Motor.

Is the fan speed shown on the ACC display, speed control at maximum, with as many symbols (bars) as before?

The input control voltage to the Control Module could be measured at the connector, however is the module not accessible, located below the water shield, below the wipers. Worn fan motor brushes could be a suspect, first phase before breakdown seen by a black surface of the commutator, or by observing lenght of the brushes. Unfortunately is the fan accessible as the Control Module.

Thanks for the detailed information on this question. The answer to your question is yes.

Your response has prompted some additional observations. I've always thought that something was limiting the fan speed while in the auto mode setting. The fan would always start out fast and would most always seemed like the fan would reduce its speed before the inside of the car would cool down, resulting me to manually increase the fan speed.
    Thanks for your help to this matter.