Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Saab(s)
    2005 9-3 convertable

Question Electric window funnies

This week my wife pulled the passenger control button up to close the window and it went up then down a little to stop with a 70mm gap. I tried it a number of times with the same strange result - the window going up then down a little to stop leaving the window slightly open. I even dropped the hood and restored but still no correction to the passenger window.
    Each time from the window close response has been identical. The only way to get the window close to up is by short on/off bursts.
    Our vehicle is a 2005 9-3 convertible 1.8T.
    Appreciate any ideas as to overcoming this closure failure?

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Two possible causes could be the pinch protection, of so equipped, in need of (re-)calibration or corrective action according to Technical Service Bulletin Nbr. 843-2534. The latter pertaining to M04-05 convertibles.

The calibration procedure, required in case of power loss, e.g. battery disconnected etc.:
    1. Close the window.
    CV: Close the door and soft top.

2. Reset the pinch protection by removing and fitting fuse F5 from the instrument panel electrical centre (IPEC). The pinch protection for both door modules is now reset and both front windows can be programmed.

3. Start the car.

4. Lower the window fully. Hold the button depressed during the entire operation.

5. Raise the window fully. Hold the button up during the entire operation. Wait for at least 1 second when the window is in the top position.

6. Lower the window fully. Hold the button depressed during the entire operation.

7. Raise the window fully. Hold the button up during the entire operation. Wait for at least 1 second when the window is in the top position.

8. When calibration has been completed an audible confirmation is heard. In the event that there is no audible confirmation, repeat the procedure.

Saab(s)
    2005 9-3 convertable
    Thanks 9-3 Aero we'll be ready for the rain now. It was the disconnecting of power to the door followed by the procedure you have so clearly listed which yielded the audible ding confirming recalibration. Works perfectly now. Very much appreciated!!! Thank you for your kind help.

Saab(s)
    You're welcome. I'm glad the recalibration ruled the culprit out, i.e. no need for the corrective service.

PS. Rain We got 4 inches of snow on Saturday

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    900 ng s cabrio
    Excuse me but i have the same problem with my 900ng cabrio..... the calibration procedure is also needed for all the saab cabrio?

Saab(s)
    Model year please, and we'll see.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    900 ng s cabrio
    1997..... tanks

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    900 ng s cabrio
    I check switch... wire.... motor.... but nothing, i tested the power on the window motor connection and i can't find 12 v but 8... 5.... 4.... 12 ..... change continuosly, excuse my english but i don't use it often

Saab(s)
    Being a MY1997 - and a convertible - is the case of the OP not relevant for you, and a little more complicated than would be for a 1997 sedan, as the Top Stack Actuation System (TSAS) is a part of the window motor control. The TSAS is the control module for raising and lowering the top.

Not being familiar with the convertibles, am I not in position to give you a good advice, however are two questions: do none of the windows work, or is only one in particular which is causing trouble - and is the soft top operation workin as expected?
    Last edited by 9-3 Aero; 16 November 2014 at 20:41.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    900 ng s cabrio
    Normaly go down without problem and after don't go up, but if i use the " all window control" it raises 10 mm at a time until reach the top