Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Denis Kenshalo
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 Aero

Heated Seats not working

I have a 2006 Saab 9-3 AERO, My question is about the heated seats, They aren't heating anymore, I checked the fuse's for both sides and they are good, The drivers side gets used a lot but the passenger side doesn't, is there anyway to check the current going to the seats to see if it is getting power.? I have power at both switchs on the dash and the lights come on like they should but no heat to the seats. I also went to the SID control and put the heated seats on manual they where on auto but it didn't help.
    I could understand the heating element going out on the drivers side but not the passenger side it doesn't get used hardley at all. And they both quit at the same time.
    Last edited by Guythunder; 21 November 2014 at 22:56.

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    At the moment do I not see a way of checking the current, as pulling connectors will break the continuity of the "current loop". However is there a relay in/under the seat which is operated by the switch on the ACC panel (I assume you have ACC and not MCC), and supply voltage from the fuse to the two heating elements, serial connected. Given you have access to the relay, you may feel it operates by touching it when you select heat "ON".

It certainly is a kind of weird that heat of the two seats quit at the same time, as the circuits are totally separate, powerwise as well with regard to ground. Do you get the "seat" symbol in the display when turning on the switches?

Denis Kenshalo
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 Aero
    Yep the lights come on just like they should , but no heat. One guy said that they are thermostatic controld and only work when it is ccold. Is that right.?

Saab(s)
    That's correct, and the seats will (should) be heated when the ambient temperature is below 15°C (59°F), and the heat of the actual seat is lower than 20°C (68°F). Ground for the sensors (NTC Resistors) are common, and voltage supply is separate.

Denis Kenshalo
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 Aero
    I will leave the car outside for a while tonight and see if that makes a difference. I thought that the supply to the seats was seperate because of the two fuses. How are the grounded.?

Saab(s)
    Drivers seat: A lug on the A column, drivers side, close to the floor. Passengers seat - .

Is the heat seating selected automatic or manual?

Denis Kenshalo
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 Aero
    I think Manual , How to you set them for automatic or manuale.? I didn't know that you could do this.

Saab(s)
    I'm not familiar with how ACC functions are customized in MY2006 (in our 9-3 it's done by the SID), however may page 124 give you an idea: http://www.vadengmpp.com/owners-manu...6-Saab-9-3.pdf.

Denis Kenshalo
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 Aero
    Thinks, I went out and used the SID to set the heated seats, They where on auto and now the are on manual but it didn't make any difference, Still not working.

Saab(s)
    A recap is needed:
    - Both seats quit at the same time means you have had heat, if so, at which ambient temperatures?
    - How long time is it since last time you have noticed working seat heat?
    - You were to leave the car outside for testing (at lowered temperature), what was it?