Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 convertible 9-3; 2007 93 Aero v6
    Quote Originally Posted by Teegee22 View Post
    I bought just the fob w/o electronics. Transferred from old key.
    You could have just used the plastic fobs on eBay, probably cheaper. I needed a spare key as I one had one which was a very dangerous game with these cars.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cloves View Post
    You could have just used the plastic fobs on eBay, probably cheaper. I needed a spare key as I one had one which was a very dangerous game with these cars.
    Only paid $20 for two of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saab(s)
    '99 9-3 SE
    Hi All---

I've been rolling the dice on one-key ownership ever since a parking garage lost the 2nd one.... long story.

I got a key from eBay and had it cut-- now it needs programming. Local locksmith wants $125, which feels like a ripoff. Had to go there twice---first time they couldn't get the PIN they needed from their source for several days, for some reason. Second time I asked for a break on the price for time wasted on the first trip. No dice.

I've seen the manual "learn" procedure referenced; can I do that on my '99 9-3, or no?

And if not I'd love to find a less expensive programming option. 'Cause I basically told the locksmith to sod off...

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaiserNJ View Post
    Hi All---

I've been rolling the dice on one-key ownership ever since a parking garage lost the 2nd one.... long story.

I got a key from eBay and had it cut-- now it needs programming. Local locksmith wants $125, which feels like a ripoff. Had to go there twice---first time they couldn't get the PIN they needed from their source for several days, for some reason. Second time I asked for a break on the price for time wasted on the first trip. No dice.

I've seen the manual "learn" procedure referenced; can I do that on my '99 9-3, or no?

And if not I'd love to find a less expensive programming option. 'Cause I basically told the locksmith to sod off...
    You are asking for 1999 help in the 2003 and above section, you could get an answer here, but your chances are better in the other 9-3 section. There is no manual learn listed in the WIS.

Saab(s)
    '99 9-3 SE
    Rookie mistake!

Thanks, Digger

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by cloves View Post
    Guys just to update, ended up getting a key from europarts and today was able to program the key without any issues. Avoid buying keys off ebay, they are a difference frequency.

Does anyone have a step by step on how to program key fobs? I just bought a second key fob because the unlock button on my only other key stopped working, and I can not for the life of me find a step by step on how to program these. And of course there are absolutely no Saab dealers around me.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by alolinger View Post
    Does anyone have a step by step on how to program key fobs? I just bought a second key fob because the unlock button on my only other key stopped working, and I can not for the life of me find a step by step on how to program these. And of course there are absolutely no Saab dealers around me.
    Step by step youbube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNlrurSTi4o