Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dave
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2001 93 2.0Ltr HOT Aero coupe & 2011 1.9TTiD Aero saloon
    Have tried to look up a manual for your 2001 95 but as yet no luck. not sure if its the same as 2001 93 Aero,

Calibration

If the battery has been disconnected or has died, the system will

need to be recalibrated.

To start the calibration procedure:

1 Start the engine.

2 Press AUTO

and OFF

Calibration takes about 30 seconds. During this time and for about

3 seconds after the operation has been completed, the number of

fault codes (if any) stored in the system will appear in the tempera-

ture display on the left. The fault codes themselves will be shown in

the temperature display on the right.

Probably not. But did find this that might be of use

Saab Parts – Australia | SAABSUNITED

Or try searching for. allsaabparts.com.au
    Cheers for now
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave 2 93s; 10 December 2014 at 02:51. Reason: added info onto the bottom

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 2.3
    thanks all : I must just be unlucky I removed the motor marked L I think it was the blend motor (no Fault code) and looking at the actual motor shaft it was not sitting correctly , with a little hit it went back . replaced it back in the gears and then connected the power to it ,, it vibrated but did not turn the shaft and started to get a wee hot
    so the question is if this motor was good would one be able to turn the shaft by hand ?????? it does not turn as it is ....
    then one wonders how many more are the same crap .......
    If i was to get some from a wreck it could be pot luck again
    these are USA$150 each plus $45 post

I found the answer to the cover it only pushed it tight to the white clamp

on the passenger side i pushed the arm on the blend adjuster and now both side produce the same air , that solves that argument
    I have not tested whether warm air now comes out both side. If it does not where does that require looking into

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 2.3
    so the question is if this motor was good would one be able to turn the shaft by hand ?????? it does not turn as it is . this is important
    if its meant to turn from the shaft and that turns the motor by hand at least one could assume its good

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 2.3
    Quote Originally Posted by xenon View Post
    so the question is if this motor was good would one be able to turn the shaft by hand ?????? it does not turn as it is . this is important
    if its meant to turn from the shaft and that turns the motor by hand at least one could assume its good

one other just to hand I can get a MS509 OBDII / EOBD Code Reader its not top class but they tell me it will work ,,,,,, does any one know what the codes are for the air condition against these
    (P0, P2, P3, & U0) & manufacturer specific (P1, P3, and U1) codes
    or its it a waist of money

Dave
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Have a look at this , It might help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MckJCmAp-Mk

Dave
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    [FONT=Calibri]Hi[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]There are a lot of different types of code readers/scantool/OBD readers/code tool scan reader, O B Do Bi Do Bi dars.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]out there. Its enough to make your head spin. It depends how much the one your thinking of getting costs, as to whether its a waste of money. I've just searched the model you mentioned and it came up$53 (US I assume) for $30 more you can get the 519 with colour screen. I finally went fora D900. Was £75, I bought it at £48. Two months later they were £18. Since I bought it I've had no faults come up to need to use it on my Saabs, or Ford van. But on my girlfriends mums Skoda Fabia, it's earned it's keep and I'm in the good books all round. If the price is right for you, I would say get it. It will read codes and tell you what the code relates to, clear them and reset the engine light. It will have its limits, but also be able to do things beyond our limits. It would be nice to be able to spend thousands on stuff like Tech2 and have all the answers at our fingertips, and racks of shiny vehicle specific tools. Instead of the blood,sweat, anguish, torment, doubt, turmoil and tears.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]But where's the fun in that.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]Anyhows. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]Here's some info for you.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]FAULT CODES[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]The first character is a letter. It identifies the “main system” where the fault occurred.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]B - Body( Air-con & Comfort systems)[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]C - Chassis( ABS & TCS systems)[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]P - Powertrain(Engine & Powertrain systems)[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]U - Network [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]----------------[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]• The second character is a numeric digit. It identified the“type” of code.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]0 - Generic codes[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]1 -Manufacturer-specific codes[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]2 - Includes both Generic and Manufacturer-specific codes[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]3 - Includes both Generic and Manufacturer-specific codes[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]• The third character is a numeric digit. It identifies the specific system or sub-system where the problem is located.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]1 – Fuel and AirMetering[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]2 – Fuel and AirMetering (injector circuit malfunction only)[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]3- Ignition System or Misfire[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]4 – Auxiliary Emission Control System[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]5 – Vehicle Speed Control and Idle Control System[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]6 – Computer Output Circuits[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]7 – Transmission[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]8 – Transmission[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]• The fourth and fifth characters are numeric digits. They identify the section of the system that is malfunctioning.[/FONT]
    Last edited by Dave 2 93s; 11 December 2014 at 08:44. Reason: spacing

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    thanks all : I must just be unlucky I removed the motor marked L I think it was the blend motor (no Fault code) and looking at the actual motor shaft it was not sitting correctly , with a little hit it went back . replaced it back in the gears and then connected the power to it ,, it vibrated but did not turn the shaft and started to get a wee hot
    so the question is if this motor was good would one be able to turn the shaft by hand ?????? it does not turn as it is ....
    then one wonders how many more are the same crap .......
    If i was to get some from a wreck it could be pot luck again
    these are USA$150 each plus $45 post

I found the answer to the cover it only pushed it tight to the white clamp

on the passenger side i pushed the arm on the blend adjuster and now both side produce the same air , that solves that argument
    I have not tested whether warm air now comes out both side. If it does not where does that require looking into
    I think I've lost track of which (of the three) stepping motors are reported working or not

One each on left - and right sides controls the flaps which mixes the cold air from the A/C unit with the heat from the engine coolant. Passenger - and drivers sides have separate temperature sensor to provide mixed air temperature in accordance with control setting on the ACC panel.

A third stepping motor is controlling the air distribution flaps for defroster, floor etc. Is this the motor marked L, or which side is it fitted?

Any way, unfortunately can I not tell you whether the shaft could be turned by hand or not, as I've never seen any of the three motors. Generally speaking, can similar motors be fitted with gears, which would make it difficult/impossible to rotate the shafts by hand. Each of the motors in question, has two windings, resistance of which is 100 ohm, connector pin #1 and -3 for one winding and pin #4 and -6 for the other one.

So what you could do, is:
    - measure resistance in the windings of the suspect motor;
    - remove the motor from the flap and run it, adjusting the defrost, floor etc. if it is the air distribution motor;
    - or temperature HI/LO if it is one of the air mixing motors.
    A removed and disconnected motor could as well be tested with an external 12 V power supply, however only for very short periods as they in the system are powered with short pulses.

one other just to hand I can get a MS509 OBDII / EOBD Code Reader its not top class but they tell me it will work ,,,,,, does any one know what the codes are for the air condition against these
    (P0, P2, P3, & U0) & manufacturer specific (P1, P3, and U1) codes
    or its it a waist of money
    This reader will not meet your requirement for reading any ACC fault codes, as it does not cover the Saab (GM) manufacturer specific B- codes. ACC code / DTC conversion for 9-3, which applies for 9-5 as well: 9-3 and 900NG ACC Code Listings and Diagnostics - SaabCentral Forums. As you see, does it list the two codes in your first post.

I have one list for 9-5 which fills in the missing ACC numbers, however written in Swedish. If so wished, could I translate it for your use.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 2.3
    MANY THANKS ONCE AGAIN
    I have had a lucky break i have some motors from a wreck at a giveaway price
    now the stepping motor that directs air from the front to the floor now works but it give a error 13 still and suggestions
    the passengers side left blend motor is installed but when the test is in progress i get a quick thump noise form the lower floor level of the unit < is it possible to have the arm in a incorrect possition before i set in the motor ?
    all air volume are now the same , dont know as yet if tit controls the heater , cool is good

do you know the cost value of a code reader for this vehicle and some makers names

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 2.3
    one last the floor stepping motor that controls the front to floor is feeling a little hot . not burning hot is that normal
    the other great score was the internal air temp sensor , that makes a real difference to how this unit operates

MANY THANKS ONCE AGAIN
    I have had a lucky break i have some motors from a wreck at a giveaway price
    now the stepping motor that directs air from the front to the floor now works but it give a error 13 still and suggestions
    the passengers side left blend motor is installed but when the test is in progress i get a quick thump noise form the lower floor level of the unit < is it possible to have the arm in a incorrect possition before i set in the motor ?
    all air volume are now the same , dont know as yet if tit controls the heater , cool is good

do you know the cost value of a code reader for this vehicle and some makers names

Dave
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Hi
    Regarding the code reader. I may of been confused or confusing. The code reader you mentioned will read codes for you car.
    But has limited ability. If your engine management light came on, chances are it would find the fault codes and display them.
    So the person selling it is correct, I'm correct and 9-3 Aero is correct. I assumed when you asked, it was for a separate matter.
    It will read DTC's from the EML but not the ACC or codes for air bags, key security systems or Bluetooth. But in my defence it could tell you [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT][FONT=Calibri]P0531 A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor "A" CircuitRange/Performance P0534 Air Conditioner Refrigerant Charge Loss [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]P0535 A/C Evaporator Temperature Sensor Circuit .
    But doesn't it give you the fault code on the acc display after re-calibration. As in the link from 9-3 Aero (9-3 and 900NG ACC Code Listings and Diagnostics - SaabCentral Forums)
    Did you re-calibrate after fitting the replacement stepping motors. It may be related to the motor being warm.
    Cheers for now
    Dave

[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]