Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Orio acquires all Nevs tools for production of spare parts for Saab cars

Press release:

Name:  Orio Sweden.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  94.7 KB

Orio acquires all the supplier-based Nevs tools for production of spare parts for Saab cars

Orio AB, formerly Saab Automobile Parts AB, has signed a contract with Nevs and has acquired all the tools located at suppliers and used for producing Saab Original spare parts for all existing Saab models. This secures that Orio can ensure the long-term availability of Saab Original spare parts for all Saab cars globally.

"This is a strategically important acquisition which safeguards the production of Saab Original spare parts in the long term and ensures that we maintain our position as the sole supplier of the entire range of original parts for Saab cars. Saab owners, workshops and other customers all over the world are now guaranteed a supply of spare parts well into the future," says Jonas Tegström, CEO of Orio AB.

The purchase includes 12,500 tools for manufacturing of spare parts for all existing Saab models. Orio previously had the right to use the tools, but has now taken over full ownership. The tools are located with the suppliers which produce Saab Original parts. The suppliers have been informed about the change of ownership and production of spare parts will continue as normal. Nevs and Orio AB already have a cooperation agreement concerning the distribution and support for cars produced by Nevs. Nevs will still be able to use the tools to manufacture parts for its production of the Saab 9-3 and other future models.

"Saab Original parts will be an important part of our business for many years to come and owning the tools will be financially beneficial. We will continue to increase our market share for Saab Original parts and are expanding our customer base and network of workshops in order sell our products more widely," says Jonas Tegström.

Name:  orio.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  85.0 KB

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    It is interesting to learn the suppliers do not own those tools. And even more interesting why Nevs sold them to Orio. Perhaps because they need the money to survive short term?

Saab Enthusiast CaptainMediocre's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2007 Saab 95 2.3T Sedan
    I don't see NEVS surviving at all. My guess is Mahindra is just waiting for them to die off so they can come in and get some cheap real estate and equipment.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    Now ORIO or the Swedish government or whoever you really are, now that there is one less outstretched hand demanding their share, how about selling us some prices at reasonable rates or at least don't sell the same faulty design at such a screamingly high price. $400 for the tail light, $400 for the plastic on the side mirror and a few minutes ago it was $420 for the same simple arzed flawed design on the ignition switch that is little more than a dust collector and even a kid who has not passed more than 5'th grade science can tell you that anything with an electrical charge has an affinity for attracting swarf.

My Lord, thank God you don't design real airplanes if you can't think past that simplest of design elements and you've been fielding complaints on them for how long with no change? $420 and it just made it past the 40,000 mile mark.
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    94-x and 9/3 Convertible
    My Question is, will they manufacture parts for the 9-4x. General Motors left the people who bought 9-4x vehicles high and dry for some parts that are only used on that vehicle. When the time comes to replace it I will not even consider a GM Vehicle. General Motors Sucks and so do the Lame Brains who run the company.

My 2011 9-4x has problems with Tail Light Assemblies. LEDs in tail lights has defective circuit board and have stopped working. I have not been able to find replacements in the USA even though these parts have GM part numbers and have made in USA stamped on them. I would like ORIO to help me with that.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    General Motors manufactured the 9-4X for Saab Automobile AB so GM is not responsible for parts availability. Saab Automobile is bankrupt and I assume that's where it ends. For parts manufacturers, it would be too costly to manufacture a limited number of parts for 600 vehicles in the entire world. Even if they would make them, parts specifically for the 9-4X would be very expensive. Perhaps $1000+ for a tail light assembly?

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    1997 NG 900 SE
    You may want to check out Orio's blog unitedstatesofsaab.com. Thomas Sundström, an ambassador of sorts for Orio, travels about the US visiting Saab shops, sometimes convincing a few to be authorised Saab service centers, which of course will sell Orio parts. I met him at SOC 15 in Lexington at the saabsite booth. Orio seems to shoring up the service center network and trying to add new service centers. It's good news that Saab parts will be available, and Orio is obviously committed. But, at what cost is the worry. Time will tell if China will provide any competition in quality and price.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk