Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD

OEM Service manual

Is there anywhere you can buy an OEM service manual in english for later year Saabs?

Saab Turbo Club of Sweden ·HeRmAN·'s Avatar
    Saab(s)
    99 -83 | 9-5 -00 SC 2.3t stage 4| 9-5 Aero -05 BP stage 3 | 9-5 Aero -07 SC Aniv. BP stage 2| Maptun
    Have you seen Saab WIS?
    It contains all information you may need for repairs and maintenace

Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD

Saab WIS

Quote Originally Posted by ·HeRmAN· View Post
    Have you seen Saab WIS?
    It contains all information you may need for repairs and maintenace
    No I haven't seen it. Where is it located? I found a CD on Ebay but it can only run on 32 bit Windows which is a few generations ago now.

Saab Turbo Club of Sweden ·HeRmAN·'s Avatar
    Saab(s)
    99 -83 | 9-5 -00 SC 2.3t stage 4| 9-5 Aero -05 BP stage 3 | 9-5 Aero -07 SC Aniv. BP stage 2| Maptun
    I don't know what kind of information you are looking for, if it's information how to do service and maintenace on your own or you also need it for troubleshooting and repairs, the deeper you go the more you need WIS.

I think you need al least the version SAAB WIS 4-2010 but a newer is of cource better,
    You may found at you local Saab dealer or you may search for it on ebay or similar sites.
    I run 1-2013 on a small dedicated laptop with Win XP that I have for automotive use only. (Buying a few years old small laptop will be very cheap and if it can't run newer OS will be an advantage in this case)
    You can of cource run 32-bit applications on a 64-bit os and newer os has compabilit modes for older applications and as alternative to that a computer can have multiple os (aka dual boot) or you can run an older os in an virtual enviroment such as VMWare.
    So I think you can start searching where you can buy WIS and then figure out how and where to use it.

And while searching you may as well search for EPC where you have all partnumbers for the spare parts you may need.
    The verison you need as minimum will be 4-2010 but a newer is better since some parts may have been replaces with other part numbers.

Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD
    Quote Originally Posted by ·HeRmAN· View Post
    I don't know what kind of information you are looking for, if it's information how to do service and maintenace on your own or you also need it for troubleshooting and repairs, the deeper you go the more you need WIS.

I think you need al least the version SAAB WIS 4-2010 but a newer is of cource better,
    You may found at you local Saab dealer or you may search for it on ebay or similar sites.
    I run 1-2013 on a small dedicated laptop with Win XP that I have for automotive use only. (Buying a few years old small laptop will be very cheap and if it can't run newer OS will be an advantage in this case)
    You can of cource run 32-bit applications on a 64-bit os and newer os has compabilit modes for older applications and as alternative to that a computer can have multiple os (aka dual boot) or you can run an older os in an virtual enviroment such as VMWare.
    So I think you can start searching where you can buy WIS and then figure out how and where to use it.

And while searching you may as well search for EPC where you have all partnumbers for the spare parts you may need.
    The verison you need as minimum will be 4-2010 but a newer is better since some parts may have been replaces with other part numbers.
    Thank you for the update. I have a WIN 7 computer that I have running 32 XP mode but it is not optimal. I have a "mule" system that I use for testing and probably will install the SAAB OEM repair manual disc on. I have to see if it contains the EPC. One would think since Saabs are again being manufactured printed manuals should be available soon. If my Saab is any indication repair manuals will get a lot of use, it's not the most reliable car out there for sure.