Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    '95 9000 Aero, '98 9000 CSE, '05 9-5, '11 9-4X

Cadillac offers a Rear Park Assist Package as an add-on

Rear park assist package add-on

My wife has a Luxury 3.0, likes the rear camera but misses the audible rear park assist. When she asked why it wasn't included, the answer was only part of a more expensive option package and absolutely, positively could not be retrofitted. In paging through the Cadillac add-on options http://www.cadillac.com/srx-luxury-c...cessories.html I found:

REAR PARK ASSIST The Rear Park Assist Package helps drivers with parking by avoiding objects while in reverse. Sensors detect obstacles and alert the driver with a warning signal. MSRP $330.

Lee Cadillac, http://www.leeparts.com/cadillac_srx...st_system.html offers it for $288, but has to be ordered by body color. I'll have to determine what Cad color is closest to Moreland Metallic.

So despite what I was told by the dealer and read on line, here it is as an add-on package for the SRX, which we know to be electrically pretty much the same. Anyone seen, heard of or even actually installed this?

jack vines
    Last edited by packardv8; 01 January 2015 at 22:32.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X, 1978 99 Turbo, 1964 GT850
    Jack,
    I think that the tricky area for this will be whether the BCM (Body Control Module) or other controller needs to be reflashed or reconfigured to accept the new feature. If so, that would require at a minimum a dealer who is willing to spend time on the phone with SPNA/GM to sort that out. A friend of mine who is a Saab Service outlet installed fog lights on his 9-4X and getting the controllers to play nice was the biggest part of the job by far. As far as the color I suspect that the sensors could be painted with the same paint that is used to paint the bumper cover, although that might be pricey on a "per-square-centimeter" basis :-)
    Good luck and let us know if you have success, I agree that this would be a nice feature to have!
    Best,
    Gary

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    '95 9000 Aero, '98 9000 CSE, '05 9-5, '11 9-4X
    The deal-breaker for me is determining whether the wiring harness already exists. Can't imagine GM having different wiring for each package, but might be the case. If it's a drill holes and plug in, I'd spring for the $288.

jack vines