Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-5 Aero

Which Thermostat 2008 9-5 Aero

All, I am getting set to order a thermostat for my 2008 Saab 9-5 Aero, and I am wondering what is the correct part. Eeuroparts gives two different parts an 88C part and an 89C part for opening temperatures. Which is correct, or does it matter. I live in the Pacific Northwest where we hardly ever see the temperature extremes. I know that there isn't much difference in temps, but I also see that there is an 82C part as well as a 92C part. I don't think that those are correct for my vehicle, but I am just trying to find knowledgeable information after reading some of the forums and finding a huge wealth of misinformation regarding this exact question.
    Measure with a micrometer. Mark it with chalk. Cut it with a chainsaw. Collary: Measure Twice. Cut Thrice. Keep cussing.

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    According to the EPC is OEM P/N 30577561 correct for your MY2008 9-5, in the WIS given the opening temperature specification 89 +/÷ 2°C (192 +/÷ 4°F).

Saab(s)
    2008 9-5 Aero
    Thanks 9-3, that was what I thought. Always nice to have a confirmation.
    Measure with a micrometer. Mark it with chalk. Cut it with a chainsaw. Collary: Measure Twice. Cut Thrice. Keep cussing.