Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2005 93t Linear

Oil pressure regulator

My oil pressure regulator is leaking. The dealer recommends replacing the regulator, even with it working properly. Should it be replaced or can the seal ring just be installed.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    The sensor should be replaced - they all leak eventually. The OEM Saab one is the reccomended part as lots of the aftermarket units leak right away. The replacement should have a crush seal (not worth replacing alone as it doesn't come off the sensor). The starter comes out then access to the sensor is easy. It's a 1.0 hour job @ the dealer. If ignored long enough the leak will reach your downpipe and start burning oil off your exhaust. This is a failure item in PA for state inspection when that bad.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab(s)
    2005 9-3 Linear
    I recently had the oil pressure sensor replaced on my 2005 9-3. It very rapidly had leaked 5 quarts. My problem is that a week later and I still have a lot of smoke and oil smell, but the oil level has remained stable. Is this spilled/leaked oil burning off and if so how long will it take to completely burn off? Or could there be another problem?

Saab Enthusiast CaptainMediocre's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2007 Saab 95 2.3T Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by erinem121 View Post
    I recently had the oil pressure sensor replaced on my 2005 9-3. It very rapidly had leaked 5 quarts. My problem is that a week later and I still have a lot of smoke and oil smell, but the oil level has remained stable. Is this spilled/leaked oil burning off and if so how long will it take to completely burn off? Or could there be another problem?
    There could be a number of other problems, you can read all about my battle with these issues here

http://saabworld.net/f9/oil-leaks-pl...-coming-30866/

Currently I seem to have it mostly under control, but time will tell.