Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2004 SAAB 9-3 Aero

"New" Saab 9-3 Aero

Just bought a used 2004 SAAb 9-3 Aero a couple weeks ago and I've been nothing but impressed with the car.

Name:  DSCN7100.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  45.9 KB

The car is in great shape with almost no scratches! There are only minor cosmetic issues on the car such as peeling paint off the drivers side rear door handle and glove box button and a minor tear in the driver's leather seat.
    Other issues with he car include:
    - A problem with the sunroof, it will never open to side forward. When the buttons are pressed they will attempt to open, get a certain distance and then go back to the original position. I can get the sunroof to open upwards if I override the pinch protection with the button on the driver's door
    - A problem with my ES2 infotainment system. The screen periodically switches from being absolutely green and not being able to read a thing to normal.
    - Car seems to limit itself at full boost? stops acceleration when boost gauge is filled.
    - small ticking sound coming from engine bay when starting in cold weather. Goes away after a couple minutes.
    - Driver's side door creaks when opening and closing

Other than those minor issues the car is in absolutely amazing shape for the year and the price I paid for it. Nothing but impressed so far. I started off with the issues incase anyone knows any solutions as that is what I will be searchign for to fix.
    Modifications I'm going to be doing with this car and will need to research:
    - Replacing wheels and tires, I have a set of winters and rims I want to install. Going to be looking up how to deal with the TPMS.
    - Will be attempting to repair all the issues mentioned above. I have purchased OEM spark plugs as I heard that may fix the turbo problem
    - Will be installing an aux cable. The one from this video http://youtu.be/Pqj9Mc2MKxE
    - Will be upgrading the speaker system. Will need help with this. I think I have the 7 speaker set up although I have not checked yet. At home I have a 4 channel amp, mono amp and 10" kicker sub I wish to install as well as replacing the front 3.5 inch speakers. Any recommendations for these?
    -Using a tech 2 to: enable headlights to turn off, program new key fob (have an extra OEM key fob not programmed), reset pinch protection on the sunroof in hope that it will fix the issues I've been having with it, and enabling AUX

Anyways please reply or message me with any advice on anything I have mentioned. So far the car is unreal!

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Hi, what a list of things to do! Take your time and enjoy it.
    TTFN

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    It's always best to start a new topic in the Workshop forum for each individual issue, unless the issues are related.

Welcome!

Saab(s)
    2008 9-3 turbo X; 2005 9-3
    What shape are the rims in? I would purchase them off you if they are in pretty reasonable shape. I like the original look and mine are pretty scratched up.