Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2.0 tid Se 2010

Gen 2 2010 9-5 tid Se

New to the forum. Just bought a 2010 9-5 se with hdd sat nav and heated seats etc. Just a couple of issues to sort.
    1: Stereo doesn't switch on with the ignition, I have to switch it on manually.
    2: Hdd always starts with the first song saved not the last one played.
    3: The clock is an hour out and always resets to this when switched off.
    4: High level brake light has some bulbs not on and some flicker. Can individual bulbs be replaced? Is there a workshop manual to aid brake light removal?
    5: Drivers heated seat switches off after approx 60 seconds, passenger side is fine?

I'm based on the Wirral and wondering if anyone can recommend a dealer to sort issues and servicing etc. Many thanks Greg

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2.0tid vector 2011
    Hi greg, I have a 2011 2.0 tid, I had the hdd fault, I had the firmware update carried out, which has worked partly, in that, sometimes it continues to play what I was listening to last, and some times it goes to the first song saved. my drivers heated seat was switching off, the base heating element had failed, I replaced this and now it works ok. from what I have read on here and various other sites, I think the clock issue is related to the radio unit issue which the firmware may or may not fix. the high level brake light is led so its a complete unit I'm afraid (someone described the procedure for renewal on the ng facebook page I think), I had to replace my boot lid light cost £300. The only dealer in this area with any knowledge seems to be holdcroft in stoke on trent, they did my update and were very knowledgeable about this model, contact jon latham :Tel 01782 274504. I went to lindops but they didn't have much idea. I'm also based on the Wirral, what colour is your car mines carbon grey, I may see you on the roads at some time.
    regards DF

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2.0 tid Se 2010
    Thanks for the reply. I bought a 60 plate carbon black model. I saw the on the Saab website about software updates, is this the one you are talking about? Contacted Lindops and they can't do the update as their equipment was stolen. They could do the high level light for £68 plus fitting. There is a Saab service centre in Wrexham, have you used them? Do you use Holdcroft for all servicing etc, seems a good distance to drive for that. I've only seen 1 other ng on the Wirral. I spoke to a chap at Eastham library about a month ago, who parked next to me in a grey one. Was that you? I've got to say I'm more than happy with my choice despite the quirks. Regards Greg.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2.0tid vector 2011
    I had several updates carried out at Holdcroft including the radio firmware update, the steering lock update, and an update which cured the cluster telling me 'time for service' at totally random intervals. I had previously had the £9.99 engine software update carried out by Lindops, who told me there were no other software available for the faults I had, which from searching the net, I new was probably untrue. I chose Holcroft as when searching used cars they have consistently had used examples of this model in stock, leading me to believe that they have more interest in fixing them than most, plus they have been a dealer for years. To be fair to Lindops they have adopted their service role rather suddenly. For me Holdcroft is almost on route for a journey I make reasonably regularly, I had a wonder around the shops for a few hours while they did the updates, but they did impress me with their knowledge of this car. I service the car myself as I've been a tech for 22 years (not SAAB). The service centre in Wrexham, higher oak? has a good reputation, but I didn't try them for the software faults believing that It needed to be done at a garage with experience of the model. I called in once and the boss was telling me he had, had to buy new equipment for this model. I've never been to Eastham library, this car looks really good in black, it is a great car, I think it's a real GT car a proper grand tourer that eats up the miles with ease, hope you get sorted

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2.0 tid Se 2010
    Thanks for all the info. I think I'll follow your lead and give Holdcroft a bell. Thanks for your time. Greg.

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Hi guys. Hope these issues don't stop your enjoyment. No real answers as I live quite a bit away - but you have got a good grip on the service / support available in your area. Not had any of your issues but did have to replace the boot-lid strip light. If heading to Scotland drop a line if you need to get some info for this area.
    TTFN

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2.0 tid Se 2010
    Thanks for the reply Gepe. None of the issues could spoil the enjoyment. Its one cracking motor to drive. More than happy.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2.0tid vector 2011
    Hi Greg, let us know how you get on
    Df

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2.0 tid Se 2010
    Hi Df, I will let you know. I've not had time to look into the issues as of yet. Thanks to you though, at least I have a recommended contact to try when I'm ready. Greg.

Saab(s)
    Saab 9-3 ttid vector sport auto, Saab 9-5 v6 auto, Saab 9-3 sport auto, 9-5ng 2011 vector auto
    Hi All, I own a vector td4 black, lots of extra toys HUD, rear TV's so on and so on.. I'm
    also having issues with the infotainment and I'm in contact with a couple of sources who are checking it out for me the software update is 800E and it's supposed to cure the symptoms known as "Belgium syndrome" clock an hour out, memory fails, Bluetooth fails and satnav defaulting to Belgium.
    Non of this really bothers me because the car is awesome and I've yet to see another on the road, unlike a BMW or Merc common and boring.
    Ive had many BMW's hang back on my right a bit just to check that distinctive LED big ass lol...
    But I'm one for not giving up so I'll let you all know, Oh also I'm looking into a mirror link for phones, if you don't know what it is, it mirrors your phone screen on the cars screen.
    Fingers crossed guys!