Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -

Post Manual Key Fob Learn Method 2010 - 2011 Saab 9-5 and 2011 - 2012 9-4x

Title:2010/11/5 Manual Key Fob Learn Method 2010 - 2011 Saab 9-5 and 2011 - 2012 9-4x PIC5392

Date: 07/22/2011

Subject: Manual Key Fob Learn Method

Models:
    2010 - 2011 Saab 9-5
    2011 - 2012 Saab 9-4x

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

CONDITION/CONCERN:

A customer or dealer may need to learn a new key fob to a 2010 Saab 9-5 and not have access to TIS2WEB or the tools are in use on another vehicle. The following manual learn method can be used to add a new FOB to the car in this situation. This method DOES NOT invalidate old FOBs, so any FOBs that may have been lost or stolen will still operate the car.

RECOMMENDATION/INSTRUCTIONS:

Note:
    •To initiate, this procedure requires that 1 learned key be available.
    • A total of 8 keys may be learned to a single vehicle.
    • This procedure adds keys only. The procedure does not erase previously learned keys.
    • The keys to be learned must duplicate the mechanical cut of the current key.

1. Place the recognized key(s) in the vehicle cup holder.

2. Insert the mechanical key of the new transmitter into the key lock cylinder located on the outside of the driver door and turn the key to the unlock position five times within ten seconds. The Driver Information Center (DIC) will display Ready For Remote #2, 3, 4 or 5.
    Note: The key pocket is located inside the center console storage area next to the cup holder. The fob needs to be fully inserted into the pocket. If a large key ring or other obstruction prevents the fob from being fully inserted into the pocket it must be removed. Failure to position the key fully into the pocket will result in an inability to program.

3. Place the new key into the key pocket.

4. Press the ignition mode switch. When the key is learned the DIC will indicate that it is ready to program the next key.

5. Remove the key from the key pocket and press the unlock button. To program additional transmitters, repeat Steps 3 through 5.

6. When all additional transmitters are programmed, press and hold the ignition mode switch for 5 seconds to exit programming mode.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab(s)
    9-5 Turbo6 XWD

Help with programming a new key

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me, I have tried this method to activate a new key programming sequence but without any lucky. I am pretty sure I am doing it as per instructions I just can't get the S.I.D. to say anything after turning the key in the door lock. Would really appreciate it if you could help it would save me some money.

Saab(s)
    03 9-3
    Does anyone have a link to a place where I could get a replacement key? I only have one.

Thank you!

Saab(s)
    9-5 Turbo6 XWD
    Eeuroparts have these available.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-7x, 2011 9-5 4T
    In order to make the programming successful, you must HOLD the Start button until everything goes dark in the dashboard while programming the new key. I even got the remote start working by programming a 4-button FOB!

Saab(s)
    2011 9-5 Aero
    I recently got a '11 9-5 Aero but it only came with one key fob. I bought 2 more and have not been able to get this to work. After unlocking the door with the key 5 times I get 'Ready for Remote 3' in the center gauge. When I put the new fob in the slot next to the cup holder and press the start button, the message eventually goes away and nothing happens. I have tried it with and without pressing the brake and holding the start button for several minutes but nothing happens. Is there something that I am missing?

Saab(s)
    2006 9-7x, 2011 9-5 4T

Fob programming

Quote Originally Posted by jstbugn View Post
    I recently got a '11 9-5 Aero but it only came with one key fob. I bought 2 more and have not been able to get this to work. After unlocking the door with the key 5 times I get 'Ready for Remote 3' in the center gauge. When I put the new fob in the slot next to the cup holder and press the start button, the message eventually goes away and nothing happens. I have tried it with and without pressing the brake and holding the start button for several minutes but nothing happens. Is there something that I am missing?
    I assume you have new batteries installed in the new FOB?

Saab(s)
    2011 9-5 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by alexthegreat View Post
    I assume you have new batteries installed in the new FOB?
    The batteries were good. I finally figured it out. All I had to do was quickly press the Start button for each remote. It didn't require me to press and hold the Start button.

Saab(s)
    1994 Saab 900T Commemorative Addition, 2010 Saab 9-3 Aero Sedan,
    Has anyone had luck with this method on the 2010 9-3's. Just bought a very nice extremely well maintained 2010 Aero with low mileage, but it came with only one fob. I have located the correct unprogrammed fob with a blade and electronic "guts" on ebay for a reasonable price, but am not confident that I can self-program. Not sure what other options I have here in Dumbfuqueistan, West Virginia.

Saab(s)
    1994 Saab 900T Commemorative Addition, 2010 Saab 9-3 Aero Sedan,
    Recently bought a low mileage 2010 Saab 9-3 Aero, gently used. . .alas it came with but one fob. Does anyone know if the same method described above might work on one of the correct aftermarket fobs (with full blade and electronics) available via ebay? I really don't know what other options I have in backwater West Virginia. Any input would be greatly appreciated.