Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2006 9 3 Aero Convertible

Passenger Wiper inoperative.

Hello. New member here. Hope to learn from you and maybe help out fellow Saab lovers.
    I was hoping someone could help me out with this. My passenger side wiper is not working. The drivers side works fine. Both park fine, and it will wipe if you move it manually. Has anyone had this problem or know how to solve? I would appreciate any feed back.
    Last edited by jeffjon420; 01 February 2015 at 04:02.

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Welcome to the SaabWorld

If you by "it will wipe if you move it manually" refers to the passenger side only, the culprit is most likely a mechanical defect on the Spindle Frame, presumably the "joint(s)" on this side: Genuine SAAB Spindle Frame 12757154 - Free Shipping. If so, how it can park is of course the big question.

Saab(s)
    2006 9 3 Aero Convertible
    Thanks for the greeting and the info. I will check out the link you provided. I hope to take it apart tomorrow and get a better look at it.

Saab(s)
    06' 9-3 SS
    hello, i myself had the same problem with my wipers. the driver side wiper is connected directly to the motor while the passenger is connected via the wiper linkage arm. the plastic "snap cover had broken in half and the linkage arm had popped off rendering the passenger side wiper non-operative. i did attent to fix the problem with a replacement snap cover and it was not successful. i eventually just bought a replacement linkage arm from have you got a punto wiper problem???? click on the saab link and the part number is [FONT=Arial]PART NO.WPXKIT57. hope this helps if any.[/FONT]

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    Sad to say but these are the worst wipers I've experienced on a so called "snow car". That said, as a former ski instructor who has spent lots of time on the race circuit, I'm at a loss for words; the first failed under a heavy frost that stuck the passenger wiper to the windshield. I forgot to warn my son to clean the windshield extra well a few weeks ago; he also had had three Saab's now and pow, there goes the second unit but this time the whole thing went.
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum