Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Saab(s)
    2006 saab 9-5

2006 saab 9-5 P1312 P1334 codes

Hello Everyone,

I'm new on this site. I've always wanted a saab and finally got one.

It rides great and really happy with it, but now my engine light is on and I'm FREAKING OUT!

So, Codes are P1312 P1334. As far as I know by reading on different posts here, those refer to the ignition cassette and spark plugs. I've checked all the plugs, they are the NGK R that the car have to have, and I've inspected the cassette and everything seems to be in order.... now... the connector from the wire harness its missing some plastic and the part that holds it to the cassette... So I'm wondering if that's the problem of the engine light on the dash board.

the car runs great, but it idles with an "abnormal" shake (not really bad, but I can feel it).
    I've tried to find a wire harness over the internet, Autozone, Orilleys and no one carries that!

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks!

Nico

PS: also, please, tell me I did good on getting a SAAB, I need to feel that I made a good choice for once in my life!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Saab(s)
    2006 saab 9-5
    Anyone? .

mc iller
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    SAAB 9000 CD, SAAB 9-5 3.0 V6 TURBO 5D, SAAB 9-5 2.3 AERO SPORTCOMBI
    Hey Nico, you need not be afraid that you have bought a Saab. On the contrary, you can be happy with it. Your error codes mean that your ignition cassette misfires at the start. This means you'll start to see you about a new ignition cassette otherwise you will sooner or later to stand with a dead car.
    P1312 Break / Short circuit cylinder 1 + 2
    P1334 Break / short circuit cylinder 3 + 4

I have the same worries but the car runs fine otherwise. Try taking out the fuse No 17 on the left side dashboard. This removes the error code temporarily, but it will probably be back again soon.
    Fuse No 17 does the same thing as removing the battery terminal but you do not have to program the radio again.

The connector should change too but it's not the one who gives you your error codes.

Saab(s)
    2006 saab 9-5
    Thanks lot for the answer! I've already ordered an OEM ignition cassette today. Hopefully I'll get this beauty back on the road soon. Any advice on how to take care of the car? what I should look for?

Also, it says you are in sweden, is that correct?

mc iller
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    It's good that you've ordered an ignition cassette, then you can be calm and take out the fuse No 17 to remove the error code as well.
    It's a good solid car that works great as long as you take care of it. Use oil of good quality, the right spark plugs and regular service with good spearparts and you have a car that lasts a long time and gives you great driving pleasure.
    Yes Nico, that's right ... I live in Sweden. I apologize for my bad English, then I'm not used to write but my spoken English is very good. Google translate works well.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Nico, you did the right thing in getting a Saab. With regular maintenance, your 9-5 should last a long time.

It looks like your connector is missing the red sliding part. It secures the connector to the DIC and without it, the connector may come loose. I don't know if you can just replace that red part. Replacing the entire wire harness is another option but I don't know how difficult that is. My best guess is that someone who wasn't familiar with how that red part slides, took a screw driver and broke it off.

mc iller
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    I was at my local Saab workshop and talked to them about this problem, and I got a solution to the problem.
    There are connectors available at authorized workshops. The spare Nico need is 12788954 , here it costs 50SEK or 5,74USD.
    You do not need to replace the entire harness just the connector and it's not very hard to do. If you can not get hold of spare part at home,
    so perhaps I can help you.

Ivan
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 Aero Sedan (R.I.P.), 2006 9-5 2.3T Sport, 2008 9-3 Aero SC
    Just got my 2006 9-5. Fault codes as above (P1312, P1334), plus P0340. Need a new DIC ASAP, correct?

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    P1312 and P1334 DTCs pertains to respectively cylinder bank 1+2 and 3+4, so the DIC is of course a suspect. P0340 is "Camshaft Position Sensor, malfunction", however can be set by soothy spark plugs. New to Torhilda as you are, is a check of the type spark plugs and their condition (gap is important) maybe the first step to take, and a cheaper one - if being the culprit.

Ivan
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 Aero Sedan (R.I.P.), 2006 9-5 2.3T Sport, 2008 9-3 Aero SC
    Changed plugs. Code came back. Picked up a used OEM DIC from salvage, but looks like that one is faulty as well. It'll be returned. They have another one I'll try, and if that one is faulty as well, then I'll just buy a new one.