Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3/2005/arc/convertible

Unhappy Reconnect body control module

Hello everyone! I moved to Guam with my dear ( read-SAAB) to enjoy the convertible to its max! Turned out to be quite a challenge to have the car running: my newest problem is that no Tech2 available so ...a mechanic pinpointed the drain of battery source as the body control module. We disconnected it and drain stopped. Now, I have no siren ( that was going off due to alarm failure anyway), no turning signals, and no warning when I reverse...Not drivable. Does anyone know how to reconnect the 12805076 box back properly? I connected it back to housing, plugged the big connection but I see additional wires that are hanging around it. A diagram would be sooooooo appreciated

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Welcome to the SaabWorld

Information as requested could be provided, however, as the electrical wiring of a Saab consists of multiple diagrams, is some clarification needed.

The P/N 12805076 is actually the Electrical Distribution Unit (EDU), onto which the BCM, P/N 12760595, is fixed at the back, with four snap fasteners and has its own 78 pin connector. The EDU has a separate 42 pin connector. Does the hanging additional wires appear to belong to one of these two connectors? If so, which one?

Just out of curiosity: Was the drain measured minimum 25 minutes after key was pulled from the ignition and all doors closed (and not opened again) with hood open? That is required to let the BCM (and other modules) go to their sleep modes.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3/2005/arc/convertible
    Hi! I have been super busy and had my dear (SAAB) garaged awaiting for the BCM. It finally arrived and I was able to reconnect it....although, soft top and siren are not working. I am assuming it is the BCM they sent that is not the right fit since it is not exactly 12805076 that I ordered...Anyway, now I will spend some time figuring out where to find it Other than that, the car rides like a SAAB
    Thanks for the info 9-3 Aero-Saab Nut!

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Hi!

P/N 12805076 IS an EDU, however is the P/N 12798346 for MY2004-2005, according to the EPC. The BCM P/N is 12760595, "No Longer Supplied" (NLS) and superseeded by 12772045. What is the P/N of the received module?

Note that a replacement BCM MAY require Service Programming (SPS) to adapt it for the car model and market in question - ufortunately to be fulfilled with Tech 2.

Happy Easter