Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 Aero

rear bumper

Any tips on how to remove the rear bumper from a 2000 9-5 sedan? I've removed all possible bolts but it doesn't even move

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    From the WIS, pertaining to a 2000 9-5 sedan (without towbar, removal procedure of which is different), quote:

Rear bumper, 4D

To remove

1. Undo the screws in the wheel housing, 2 on each side.
    2. Open the boot lid.
    3. Fold away the luggage compartment carpet and remove the seals. The old seals must be discarded and replaced by new ones.
    4. Remove the nuts holding the bumper. The lower bolts have nuts if the car is equipped with a towbar.
    5. Together with an assistant, pull out the bumper from the edges of the wheel housings and lift the bumper out backwards.
    Name:  9-5 MY00 Sedan (without towbar) Rear Bumper removal.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  18.9 KB

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 Aero
    Thank you for the info. I've already got it out. The car was fitted with a tow bar so it had two 17mm bolts on each side hidden under foam seals (needed an extention and a deep socket). I had to pull very hard to get it off. First I was careful because I didn't want to break any clips. The point number 5 of your instruction list has a very important piece of info that's easy to miss: you need to hold the bumper from the left and right ends and pull it towards to the back of the car. Probably that's why it's suggested to do it with an assistant. I did one end at a time