Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    2006 9.3 2.0L Wagon

Heated seat does not turn off. Am I going to hell?

2006 9-3 Wagon: Driver side seat heat does not shut off. No change in manual or automatic mode. Wide open at each seat heat level setting. It must be stuck on high and it gets seriously hot!

Pulled Number 15 fuse from trunk fuse box so that should solve the problem but if anyone has an idea if and where a relay is, let me know. It's a nice feature when it works right!

Thanks for your insights.

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    The relay is located in/under the seat, and is operated by ground being fed from ACC og MCC, whichever you have. The heating has a separate temperature circuitry, used by the ACC or MCC to operate the relay.

Saab(s)
    2006 9.3 2.0L Wagon
    Thanks! I'll us this as an opportunity to vacuum under the seat when I remove it. If I'm lucky, I'll find enough change to pay for the relay. This is my first Saab and I really enjoy it. Also appreciate everybody's effort on this forum to prolong the experience.

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Why not vacuum under the passenger seat as well, and swap the heating relays to verify (or not) it really is the cause of the problem?

Saab(s)
    2006 9.3 2.0L Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by 9-3 Aero View Post
    Why not vacuum under the passenger seat as well, and swap the heating relays to verify (or not) it really is the cause of the problem?
    Great idea. If Betsy does not notice her seat no longer heats, I won't even loose any husband points!

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    You need to be very careful with these and occasionally a poster will put up a pic of a seat with a burn hole. The ones on our 2008 and 2009 get a bit too hot and need to be shut down. I've tried to explain to Wifey that she should warm the seat then shut it off but I know that won't happen and in a year or two there will be the plaintiff wail .. "my seat heater is out" ... I know she doesn't shut them off because every time I get into her car the seat starts to warm up. It's like the filament on a danged light bulb and will burn out.
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Saab(s)
    2006 9.3 2.0L Wagon
    Thanks for that info. It was getting so hot that I expected to smell smoke at any moment. The rear fuse box was the last place I looked. Glad to see separate fuses for each seat. It's one of those worthless features until you get used to them. Guess I'm lucky I did not blister my donkey...