Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2002 93 Aero

Problem opening & closing 9-3 roof

I own a 2002 Saab 93 convertible. Recently I was closing the roof and didn’t notice that there was something obscuring the rear folding window mechanism on the back seat when I was closing it. Needless to say that when the rear window section folded into the car against the obstruction it made a horrendous straining sound followed by a thud! Everything alarmed and after a bit of a struggle I managed to reset and close the roof. Now when I open the roof I have to manually lift up the rear storage lid for the roof when it folds back when obviously beforehand this was raised mechanically?

I’m planning to sell the car in the next few weeks and need to fix it. Can anyone point me in the right direction or provide me with a cheap fix solution. YouTube videos or an online tutorial of some description? I don’t want to take it to a garage as this will probably be very expensive. Perhaps a rod or something has bent and isn’t activating a sensor or something? Thanks…

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1999 Saab 9-3
    At the top of this Forum thread there is a file that addresses the convertible top. It may not be your exact model but look at it for some hints on what might be wrong.