Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    2005 Saab 9-5 Arc

BBS Rk2 Rim Question

Hey all,

So recently I have found an ad for BBS RK2 rims on craigslist and the guy only wants $150. A few months ago I purchased 4 viggen 5 spoke wheels with very good tires on them, but due to being soft they bent with all the post-winter pot holes. I have been looking for rims to put the tires from the viggen wheels on and these popped up. Seller says one needs to be straightened but I can get that done for about $90 at a rim repair shop. Anything I need to look out for when buying these wheels? I really don't want to buy another set of wheels that bend easily or have any problems like the viggen wheels. Any input is appreciated.
    #SwedeSpeed

Saab Enthusiast CaptainMediocre's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2007 Saab 95 2.3T Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Cowell View Post
    I really don't want to buy another set of wheels that bend easily or have any problems like the viggen wheels.
    But you say these ones are already bent. If it were me I'd avoid them and save a little longer to get a new set that doesn't need repair. That being said I've never dealt with having rims repaired so I have no idea how reliable that whole process is, if it worked out it would be a good deal, but I just don't know.

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    You can fix for that price. I have the BBS RK II' on my 01 aero. They look good, but they have weak finishes. For about 100 a unit you can get them refinished if they are bad. It is a very nice wheel

Brady
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 Saab 9-5 3.0
    Where abouts are the rims, possibly a link? I'm interested in the rims. Love these rims and can't find them. I recently bent one of my rims this past winter.